Movie Thor: Love & Thunder

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I thought it was alright, not great. Though I struggled to believe how much Thor could love Gorr's daughter so much, considering the circumstances.

I'm not advocating that he kill or mistreat her, but it seemed a bit of a stretch to me that he would welcome her with open arms. I would think there'd be a little bad blood.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You do realize this movie was the end of his character building.... He was lost with everything that had happened to him but mainly without Jane hence the bumbling baffoon at the beginning and star lord's little speech to him. Then losing the thing he loved most (Jane) while subsequently gaining it at the same time (gorrs daughter). Now he can get back to being kickass Thor.

It was more the whole fight before it. Destroying the temple and all of that.

But even the scene with the Guardians, the thing with Storm breaker, and other things done for laughs were campy. It just wasn't good. The story and jokes just flowed well in Ragnarock. Here they were mostly pushed and missed the mark.

I was all for his character losing everything, getting Jane back, her passing, and having Gorr's daughter as a new focus and growth. I would have liked to see less of the campy stuff, more of Jane and Gorr. As I think they both did well in the movie and I would have liked to see more of their story. But I've said it before, Marvel has great villans that don't get the development and story line they deserve. The series at least allow them to have more development.

Reactions: FESTER665

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Finished this last night, super campy is the best way to describe this movie. And while I'm not one of the ignorant right wingers that searches for wokeness to hate anywhere I look, the "two dads" and "two moms" stuff felt way fucking forced and cringeworthy even if it was aliens talking about it. Add that to America Chavez having two moms in multiverse of madness and it's just frustrating that they feel the need to throw this in to *literally* every movie they make (and probably every TV show too, but I don't watch those).

MCU died with endgame with one exception: spiderman no way home. That was the last hurrah. Now it's all made-for-streaming garbage, even the mainstream movies (Thor and Dr Strange) fit this criteria.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It's like, what did that scene with the two rock dads even contribute to the plot? It was just there to let you know that gay things exist.
Same thing with valkyrie's moms, they just wanted to throw it in there. And they call her "King Valkyrie"...what

It's just a dumb movie peppered with extra dumb disney wokeness. I don't want to have to say it but they literally throw it right in your face.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Just watched last night. Ragnarok was definitely bettter, but this isn't far behind. I would actually watch this one again

Muh mahn!!!!
The Last Of Us Ps4 GIF by Naughty Dog

Seriously, I also just watched last night. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about movies and such. I just think those of you saying the first one is better than this one is fucking LOL!!!!

The Last Of Us No GIF by PlayStation

Other than the woke shit where everyone is gay it was ok. I think it was a little choppy and was trying to hard to be Ragnorok but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Also it made no sense how Jane becomes Mighty Thor. Steve Rogers didn't become Thor in End Game.

Im starting to hate the word woke, and I am not even woke. Im about to be a boomer karenchad if people keep saying woke. However, point on the Thor doll where the line in the movie hurt you.

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Muh mahn!!!!
The Last Of Us Ps4 GIF by Naughty Dog

Seriously, I also just watched last night. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about movies and such. I just think those of you saying the first one is better than this one is fucking LOL!!!!

The Last Of Us No GIF by PlayStation

Im starting to hate the word woke, and I am not even woke. Im about to be a boomer karenchad if people keep saying woke. However, point on the Thor doll where the line in the movie hurt you.
Woke is to republicans as racist is to democrats. The words have lost their meaning.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Would it offend you less if I used the term virtue signaling or will that enrage your tolerance too?

When you put it like that, it is an opinion that doesnt sound like its a hot buzzword. In all seriousness though, how do 2 rock dudes really upset you? Answer this, have you seen a rock lady? He mentions his "mum" in Ragnarok, but has anyone seen a rock lady? Do they just call them mums and dads even though they are all guys?

Video Game Wtf GIF by Naughty Dog

I guess not letting stupid things like that get in the way of my entertainment "tolerance". More people should try it. They might actually like more stuff and not be like "ERMAGERRRRRRRDD!!!!! THEY DID XYZ AND I CANT WATCH THAT SHOW ANYMORE!!!"

Seriously there are people that stop watching shows like The Boys cause of how the neckbeards that support Starlight are portrayed. THE ENTIRE SHOW IS SATIRE YOU RAGING FUCK!! Get over yourselves.

Sorry, thats a lot to take out on you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info