this was posted on another site

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
don't know id this is a concern here or not... or if its a joke... but a lot of my shit was deleted from their site (chicagolandsrtclub)

This website is a huge vuln!

Hello

This is a compromised account.
This website has vulns everywere that the admins need to fix. I have not harmed the site, and I don't plan to neither. I am just informing you guys that this site can get in every way.

I know I have been a problem since the last day, I promise you now that I will not continue compromising accounts or with hacking this site.

I know I have caused trouble like banning users from the site or deleting threads. I can assure you that I will not do it again.

There are multiple ways users can hack into this site, if the admin needs my help securing this website, I will be glad to help.

Again I am very sorry for my actions, and I will not do it again.

Also I can secure all types of vbulletin forums, so again if you need any help, I can secure it for you, and no one is able to pass my security. I can guarantee you that.

Do not blame this user for any actions I have done, it is not his fault.

If you have any concerns or questions please reply to this thread, I will be lurking on this thread to read any replies that have questions for me

Regards
UGNazi

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Fun story... My brother used to be really big into hacking stuff just for the challenge. And I'm not talking 2013 "hacking" where you guess someone's secret answer for their Yahoo login and then get access to their email. I'm talking full on nerd, dialing into BBS's for years in the 80's (thanks for Commander Keen!) and following the chain from our original IBM XT to a 286, to a 386, to a 486, etc...

Eventually his skills would lead him to make large amounts of cash legitimately but I digress. My point is that when I say hacking I mean hacking, not this kiddie stuff people call hacking these days.

So there he is doing his hacking and he breaks into some company's system across the country. Feeling guilty afterwards, he actually contacted the owner of the company, told him what he did, apologized (12 years of private Christian schooling instills a lot of pre-programmed guilt) and then told the guy what the vulnerability was and how he could fix it. In turn the owner ended up hiring my brother to work for him.

He's now 35 making stupid money writing code for hedge funds. I'm jelly.

Thread Info