This Saudi Journalist Murder Thing

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Amazing how much 'Press' the Press is giving one of their own being murdered.

This Saudi dude got killed in Turkey. OK, one dude, human rights, blah blah blah.

We can lose 60 or 70 in a busy weekend here in Shiraq and never hear 'boo'.

Funny how a fake news life gets put out and that is HUGE news because it hits home with the media.

Personally, I think killing a few thousand more 'journalists' would probably be a good step in the right direction.

Just noticing the irony.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just want to know what they did to him

OP
zenriddles

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Treated him poorly.

Cut up the body with a bone saw someone seen them bring into the consulate.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I still think it seems like an awfully complicated way to kill a guy.

Fly in 15 people who grab him and chop him up then fly them all out again?

All it takes is 1 person in a car.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with the fact the reporter had once been pro-Saudi has been more outspoken about Saudi Arabia and it's leaders recently. So the fact they probably killed him to keep him quiet speaks volumes of how they do things. This right before they have this big business conference trying to turn their country from only exporting oil.

So they say they want to advance but then turn to the old ways of killing people without due process. This event seems to have had countries and companies decide to not go to the conference and/or do business with the Saudis.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Note to self, do not be in a Muslim middle-eastern nation and spout off pro-western capitalistic ideas and speak of freedom.

/common sense

jason05gt

Reaction score
Saudi Arabia is a not a friend of the US. We still don't really know the whole truth on the role of the kingdom in the attacks as it was classified. I have to believe that there's damning evidence in their.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I read an article that said that outside countries have video and audio from inside the embassy. So who knows. I guess maybe more facts will come out or the public will never know.

Intel

Reaction score
Comparing people killing each other because poor/gangs vs a country killing a reporter with a death squad. Sure same thing.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
The Saudis are now saying he died in a fight at the embassy, and they made 18 arrests in conjunction with his death.

So don’t believe a single word of it but don’t want to go to war over it, not sure the best way to handle it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
In the political world, you match the punishment to the visible crime. If the Saudis cover it up well, they get less punishment than if there is an audio tape that describes how they tortured and killed him.

I'm sort of expecting gas prices to go down soon.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I still think it seems like an awfully complicated way to kill a guy.

Fly in 15 people who grab him and chop him up then fly them all out again?

All it takes is 1 person in a car.
Dude, you think they had 15 people to take out Jimmy Hoffa? Jesus fuck no. I don't give a shit how dedicated to country or not they are, that's way too many people and someone will start talking.

Note to self, do not be in a Muslim middle-eastern nation and spout off pro-western capitalistic ideas and speak of freedom.

/common sense
Yeah seems like common sense. Then again, being a reformer in a lot of cases puts you at risk of being a martyr. Or just flat out dead.

I read an article that said that outside countries have video and audio from inside the embassy. So who knows. I guess maybe more facts will come out or the public will never know.
It's the Turks saying it, we'll see if facts actually come out or not. Really not holding my breath, and the Turks don't really have a ton of room to jump on the human rights bandwagon currently.

Comparing people killing each other because poor/gangs vs a country killing a reporter with a death squad. Sure same thing.
Not much more needs to be said here. A government taking people out extra judicially is fucking scary as hell.

The Saudis are now saying he died in a fight at the embassy, and they made 18 arrests in conjunction with his death.

That's the murder equivalent to "my penis slipped."

So don’t believe a single word of it but don’t want to go to war over it, not sure the best way to handle it.
I don't think it's simple. I think they'll end up having to pay a cost, but what is it? The problem is that we can't just be all "fuck off" because of other interests who want to be in the area and other interests that are in the area like Iran. They didn't just fuck themselves, they fucked us hard too even if it was unwittingly. The US is in a hell of a position now due to this.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lol. Fuck.

So why are we policing this?

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
They were making an example, and now they're backpeddling because they didn't expect the backlash from the international community.

They still got their message across.

The rest of the international community is certainly aware of this, but it's too late to really do anything about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom