This is what I did last weekend, how about you?

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
This is what I did last weekend, how about you? Pics! zomg LSx engines!!!1

So a little back story. My uncle for as long as I can remember has been building this car. Basically he took a 67 Camaro and put it on a C4 Vette chassis (which goes to tell you how long he has been working on this)
A couple of months ago he calls and tells me that pro-touring.com has setup a track day at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven Michigan. Which, I have run at a bunch of times. So I try to help him get his car together, but he didn't get it finished. I asked a buddy of mine to go along with his SHO so we could have some fun on the track.
On to the pics
Buddy's car and mine. His interior is stripped, cage, cam'd motor, 255 whp, etc.

Now I guess I wasn't quite sure what to expect when we got to this event. I have to say, I have never seen so many outrageous cars in my life.

Thats right, thats a 69 Camaro with an LS9 - ZR1 motor

and..

Other stuff
LS Powered, widebody mustang

65 Pontiac Temptest, I believe this was on a cup car type chassis

Vendor built Chevelle

LS Powered, cup car chassis 67 Camaro w/ 06 ZO6 brakes/wheels, interior is froma 35th anniversary Camaro

Awesome Camaro

I do have some misc. pics from the track if anyone wants to see them.
Needless to say, yes we were a little out classed. The track day at Gingerman was great. We also did an autocross which was my first time ever doing this. My best time was a 33.62 which the best times by the other cars were in the 30 to 31 second range. I could have improved a lot, but not sure if I could have dropped 2 more seconds.
SHO Autocross pics

all our pics http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=85644&id=606931143&l=280c3fa7b0

OP
SinisterSHO

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
no replies?

Where are all the lsx sackriders?

chris101

Reaction score
looked like gingerman to me
haha.. you could be right.. i didn't look past the 1st few photos...

i just heard about the 'time attack' at autobahn this past weekend while I was at blackhawk monday

but hey, both gingerman and autobahn were same track designer ;)

chris101

Reaction score
OMG, I'm seeing double!

Actually no I am not kidding. The Vender built chevelle is hideous and I hate the look of the wide body mustang. The camaro's look the best. What happend to the mean and clean look of muscle cars?
Actually no I am not kidding. The Vender built chevelle is hideous and I hate the look of the wide body mustang. The camaro's look the best. What happend to the mean and clean look of muscle cars?

make_HP

Reaction score
they riced out!!!!!! who said american muscle couldnt be riced!!!! lmao

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
I'd love to go try an autocross myself, but can't seem to get some time to, haven't even made a meet yet. That and I need to get my new struts in first, I don't think 145K stockers will cut it.

OP
SinisterSHO

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
what? It's Gingerman. and I've always been a track addict. drag racing bores me to death

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that 1969 Camaro is Mark Stielow's. Been reading about his work for years in magazines and such. Big pro touring guy.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
I'd love to go try an autocross myself, but can't seem to get some time to, haven't even made a meet yet. That and I need to get my new struts in first, I don't think 145K stockers will cut it.
most every weekend you can go, although gf eats into that time!

chris101

Reaction score
most every weekend you can go, although gf eats into that time!
so get your gf into it and get her out there at autocross too!

Back when I did autocrosses, it was a couples activity for me and the guy I was dating.. hell, I got him into it! I guess I'm a little different being a girl but yeah.. Why not try to get her to go with you and then you can make it a fun weekend activity both of you can enjoy?!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dunno how I missed this, I guess the subject threw me off.

Uhm, between that yellow LS9'd Camaro and the primer gray Camaro... :wackit:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
so get your gf into it and get her out there at autocross too!

Back when I did autocrosses, it was a couples activity for me and the guy I was dating.. hell, I got him into it! I guess I'm a little different being a girl but yeah.. Why not try to get her to go with you and then you can make it a fun weekend activity both of you can enjoy?!
the driving time at autocross is fairly short, and if you're not driving it is quite a chunk of day. much easier situation for you being the girl into it and getting a guy into it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom