This is the coolest/cruelest thing

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So were the drivetrains stolen or "illegal"?

They shoul just get a monster truck cop car. That would be way better then a car crusher :rofl:

I read some mixed articles on one of those cars *The one with the red rims IIRC*

something about that the engine was stolen and the owner of the car didn't know (Owner was not caught street racing, pulled over, and had it taken from him because of the VIN on the motor). They impounded it and crushed it within 48 hours of it being impounded, the owner didn't have a chance to do anything about it....

The rest of the cars were people caught street racing after they inacted some new law about it...

Honda-tech from like 2/3 years ago...

Z

Zenriddles

Seems like a good way to spawn cop killers. If that was MY car, I'd be taking names and making long term plans to get even and then some - 5 years from now when officer Squarenutz is stumbling out of his favorite pub - WHAM - baseball bat to the head when he's least expecting it. Payback is a bitch.

Better solution would be a sentence of 200 hours of community service in an Emergency Room cleaning up car wreck victims and 200 hours of community service working with towtruck drivers cleaning up crash sites.

Z

Zenriddles

If it was me, and I knew that law was in effect.... I wouldent stop. Potentially causing greater harm to myself and innocent people, along with the police. But, if I knew that was going to happen to my car, again, I wouldent stop.

That's true too. Who cares if I wreck the car running away? They would certainly crush it if I stopped. At least by running, I MAY have my car at the end of the day.

Seems like an even MORE bad idea, now that you mention it.

What a waste!!! They could have easily parted the cars out or even sold them and kept the money. Or like mentioned take out the stolen parts and give them back or sell them and make the owner of the car pay for labor and storage and give them back the shell! So many other ways they could have made money and still set an example to the public

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info