Reaction score
Didn't get one :dunno:

OP
10sec

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
And I screwed up the title, then hit enter, and i'm stuck with this stupid title. :squint:

Me = Fail.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
what time u going to lukes tonight?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
So were the drivetrains stolen or "illegal"?

They shoul just get a monster truck cop car. That would be way better then a car crusher :rofl:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
:fu:

Sucks that a clean hatch like that gets crushed. Those are hard enough to find clean.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
So were the drivetrains stolen or "illegal"?

They shoul just get a monster truck cop car. That would be way better then a car crusher :rofl:
I read some mixed articles on one of those cars *The one with the red rims IIRC*

something about that the engine was stolen and the owner of the car didn't know (Owner was not caught street racing, pulled over, and had it taken from him because of the VIN on the motor). They impounded it and crushed it within 48 hours of it being impounded, the owner didn't have a chance to do anything about it....

The rest of the cars were people caught street racing after they inacted some new law about it...

Honda-tech from like 2/3 years ago...

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Since when do honda engines have vin numbers?
1996 and newer, Back of the block, right above the oil pan, Green VIN tag.

Honda Transmissions also have them (Dunno what year they started), but they are a sticker on some transmissions, not sure if they ever had metal tags.

OP
10sec

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
*cough* they get removed *cough*

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Seems silly to smash a car with a stolen engine in it. If they knew it was stolen then why didn't they return it to the rightful owner instead of smashing it?

Z

Zenriddles

Seems like a good way to spawn cop killers. If that was MY car, I'd be taking names and making long term plans to get even and then some - 5 years from now when officer Squarenutz is stumbling out of his favorite pub - WHAM - baseball bat to the head when he's least expecting it. Payback is a bitch.

Better solution would be a sentence of 200 hours of community service in an Emergency Room cleaning up car wreck victims and 200 hours of community service working with towtruck drivers cleaning up crash sites.

Outlaw

Reaction score
If it was me, and I knew that law was in effect.... I wouldent stop. Potentially causing greater harm to myself and innocent people, along with the police. But, if I knew that was going to happen to my car, again, I wouldent stop.

Z

Zenriddles

If it was me, and I knew that law was in effect.... I wouldent stop. Potentially causing greater harm to myself and innocent people, along with the police. But, if I knew that was going to happen to my car, again, I wouldent stop.
That's true too. Who cares if I wreck the car running away? They would certainly crush it if I stopped. At least by running, I MAY have my car at the end of the day.

Seems like an even MORE bad idea, now that you mention it.

OP
10sec

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
IDK if these Cali folks are smart enough to consider this option...

KAR

Rip Riski
Reaction score
So that's how you remove a engine from a car in under a minute.

00firebirdarev

Reaction score
What a waste!!! They could have easily parted the cars out or even sold them and kept the money. Or like mentioned take out the stolen parts and give them back or sell them and make the owner of the car pay for labor and storage and give them back the shell! So many other ways they could have made money and still set an example to the public

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I hope someone sues the shit out of the city/state for this happening. There has got to be some lawyer that should be able to find good reason to end this law.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The finesse of that claw operator is absolutely amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom