• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

This is really messed up

GTwolf

Reaction score
So I was going to swap out my broken sunroof with a 99 sunroof, I measured mine and it was 26.5" wide and 14.5" long, and had someone measure his roof for me in his 99 GTP and it was 21.5x33.5. I've never heard of a size difference between the years, everyone's telling me mine could be aftermarket from the previous owner but who would actually spend the time/money doing that on a stock GT?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Somebody that really likes the sun? It's possible. Could explain the headliner issue also. Now that I think about it the stock Gp had a plastic trim piece around the hole. Yours doesn't does it?

xringshooter7

Reaction score
Your sunroof is aftermarket. The switch is different, and the factory sunroof hole is trimmed in plastic, not wrapped like yours.

xringshooter7

Reaction score
everyone's telling me mine could be aftermarket from the previous owner but who would actually spend the time/money doing that on a stock GT?
The last two cars I bought didn't have them, and i bartered with the sales people for one, and they were put in. (2002 Alero, and 1998 Buick Park Ave)

GTwolf

Reaction score
How hard is it gonna be to find replacement parts for this thing?
Lmao @ the mullet/TTOP

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Cut your car to fit a stock sunroof in. Problem solved
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=5056136&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=sunroof&language=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#5058003

The roof pan is spot welded on. All i did was remove the seam strip (piece that sits in the little valleys on the roof), then took a wire wheel and stripped off the seam sealer and of course removed the front and back glass. Once thats done, you can see the spot welds. I used a spot weld but and drilled the welds and thats about it. As long as you drill the welds dead on, the roof pan will come off fairly easy once you cut the dampening foam that is between the roof pan and support rails. I dont at all recommend anyone doing this unless they have some body repair experience. As far as blending the paint, that isnt bad since its the roof because the paint would blend on the pillars and if its done right, you would never know.
:fy:

scroll up, I had to do a search..

GTwolf

Reaction score

GTwolf

Reaction score
The brand is Sekurit. Anyone know where I can get replacement parts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom