• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

This car just isnt perfect since the wreck.

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
It's a frame pull, not 100% perfect, if its a 1/16 of an inch off on the frame rack, plus the length of control arms (14 inches?) it will show a difference in the wheel opening. The longer out you go the bigger the error will be seen. If it drives straight and not chewing up tires, let it be.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
No, you are not crazy, but you will drive yourself crazy being concerned about things like this. I cannot see what you are talking about and I did not see it when I saw the car a few weeks back.

I cannot I believe I am the one saying this, but GET OVER IT. You car was totaled and you saved it from the crusher. After it was fixed, it was Turboed and is a unique whip now. Did you think you car would ever be the same after the wreck? You had the chance to buy a frame and chose not to do it. You took your insurance money and went crazy with the performance and cheap with the structural damage. This is what you get when you put money where you want instead of where it should go.

You want it fixed, go fix it. In the end you are the only one that knows these little imperfections. As long as it starts up, runs, goes up to speed and straight, you have nothing to worry about. If you want a car in perfect condition, go buy something with ZERO MILES. If you want a unique ride with character, your time, your efforts, your work and your creation drive your Marauder.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Well Zack, short of measuring the frame and mounting points, could it just be sheet-metal related? In other words, maybe the frame is fine but the fender is a little tweaked?

I know what you mean, it would bother me too lmao.

Yeah thats probably it.
The firewall is crushed where I cant see it and the entire front clip needed to be pushed over to the passenger side so everything would line up.
If you look closely at a front end pic, the intercooler is dead nuts in the center of the car but the bumper does not line up.

Pisses me off to no end!

Attachments

• Turbo Blue Front.jpg
    Turbo Blue Front.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 122
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info