Thinking of buying another daily driver.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Get a Regal GS 2002-2004, Forester XT same era

Too old

Vehicle Requirements
All vehicles operating on the Uber platform must meet the following requirements:

- Your Vehicle must have 4 doors and be able to transport a minimum of 4 passengers - Your vehicle must be 15 model years old or newer. If the vehicle is older than 10 model years it cannot have more than 150,000 miles on it.
- Your vehicle cannot be salvaged, reconstructed, or rebuilt. Rental vehicles are not allowed on the Uber platform.
- Your vehicle cannot have any cosmetic damage, missing pieces, commercial branding or taxi paint jobs.

Should you choose to drive a vehicle you do not personally own, you must be listed as an insured driver on this vehicle's insurance policy. Please note that Uber cannot approve a vehicle if the driver-partner's name is not on the insurance document.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
You have problems or it’s just a turd? I have a 12 eco i bought new had lots of oil leaks over the years all covered under warranty but aside from that and being ungodly slow it it’s been ok

Aside from the side alert recall, I haven't had much trouble with it. It's as you mentioned, a slow ass turd. I feel like it going to blow itself up trying to accelerate or merge into traffic.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Just started researching Hybrids. Pros? Cons?

How do you like it ?

Don't own one, but have driven them quite extensively as a loaner (the fusions are the most common in their loaner fleet). For pure daily/commuting needs, I think it'd be great if I didn't loathe CVTs. Got 40mpg, comfy, room for all your stuff, good visibility. Well appointed in SE trim with Sync3 & CoPilot360 (at least on 2019's, I think 18's had it too) which means Blind Spot Monitoring, Adaptive Cruise with Stop N Go, Lane Keep Assist, Park Assist, Rear Camera, etc.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Aside from the side alert recall, I haven't had much trouble with it. It's as you mentioned, a slow ass turd. I feel like it going to blow itself up trying to accelerate or merge into traffic.

I had a Cruze (the previous body style, which I actually do like), as a loaner when the Caddy was in for the fuel pump relay recall that plagued most GM V8 performance cars (Caddy V's, G8's, etc).

I went to make a turn in a tightly spaced window of room, that I take all the time with the Caddy, inadvertantly forgetting, I wasn't driving the Caddy, and had an "OH SHIT!" moment. I think I had to bury the pedal just to move it out of harms way from getting t-boned.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
What’s the deal with dual clutch transmissions?

Obviously the ones in the GTR and new GT500 are better than economy cars though.

I heard they’re noisy in the GTR too.

Nothing much, the VW's are fine.

The Ford PowerShift DC is pure garbage.

Ford wanted to maximize efficiency, so they went with a dry clutch design. Except they have piss poor seals so fluid leaked on the clutches all the time and fried them.

Then, because they were dry there was no way to cool them off I traffic, so they implemented a shitty clutch program to keep them cooler, and that makes the transmission all jerky in stop and go traffic.

So basically, the Ford Power Shift transmission is an unreliable fuck-up that they still make.

If you want a Fiesta get a manual. I think the Mazda 2 is basically the same car as the Fiesta but with a different drivetrain.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Just started researching Hybrids. Pros? Cons?

How do you like it ?

Definitely get a Hybrid if you will Uber. Fuel cost is your main variable, bedsides the actual car. I drive a Hybrid Jetta. Up until now has been great and gets 40-45 mpg. I have been looking at a Fully loaded Prius but you can find used Prius in the teens.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i picked up a '14 fusion Ti beginning of the year for a new daily. bought it with 140k miles on it. I've put 15k miles on it without issue so far other than breaking a wheel due to Illinois roads. the transmission is rather jerky, and i have read of a lot of people having to replacing transmission online, but as of now, i haven't had an issue and the car is on stock trans.

HIP58Nd.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info