Thinking about buying a handheld tuner...

CobraKalas

Reaction score
My question to you all is, which one is best for me; and who uses what software in the area.

Looking for:
pre-loaded tunes for HP/TQ increase
turn off rear 02 sensors
disable traction control
adjust for rear end gear (for future 4.30 install)

I know diablosport predator has the rear end gear and 02s and traction control but doesn't list any preloaded tunes. And SCT X3 lists what I'm looking for but doesn't say if they can turn off the rear 02 sensors.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Reaction score
My question to you all is, which one is best for me; and who uses what software in the area.

Looking for:
pre-loaded tunes for HP/TQ increase
turn off rear 02 sensors
disable traction control
adjust for rear end gear (for future 4.30 install)

I know diablosport predator has the rear end gear and 02s and traction control but doesn't list any preloaded tunes. And SCT X3 lists what I'm looking for but doesn't say if they can turn off the rear 02 sensors.
It can turn the rears off.

CobraKalas

Reaction score
positive? I'll order that right now if your 100%

89lx50

Team Vortech
Reaction score
id say sct is the way to go .... it seems like no tuner wants to use predator anymore and its like the thing of the past.. but they both work well

CobraKalas

Reaction score
Well I purchased the SCT X3/SF3 with free custom tunes for life from American Muscle, should arrive by tues or wed with free 2day guaranteed shipping. cant' wait

hj16

Tasty!
Reaction score
free custom tunes for life from American Muscle
Who the fuck is american muscle? ...Oh, the online store. Soon as you have a combo that isnt simple as pie you better find a real tuner.

89lx50

Team Vortech
Reaction score
Well I purchased the SCT X3/SF3 with free custom tunes for life from American Muscle, should arrive by tues or wed with free 2day guaranteed shipping. cant' wait
cool :biggthump, keep us posted on how it turns out and if you feel a performance increase under wide open throttle.

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying the same one. Let me know how it feels after the programm

CobraKalas

Reaction score
well, got the tuner today and ran the program, traction control is permanently turned off and my rear O2s are now off which got rid of my check engine light. dont feel TOO much of a SOTP feel but all i have is an intake and exhaust. overall, happy with the buy, and look forward to updating the tune for 4.30s in the near future

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom