Sketchy’s tales of mystery, dude where’s my curse??

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
ectoplasm is just ghost jizz ft. tinfoilhat
My problem with ectoplasm is why can't we get any solid data if it is an actual substance? It seems to always show up in a dark room under certain requirements without anything physical to back up the ectoplasm was actually there.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
My son has said a couple times that he saw something in his room. I'm not sure he can exactly tell what was a dream/nightmare vs he was actually awake. In my 43 years, I've never seen anything remotely supernatural, so I'm pretty sure it's just his imagination running wild.
See, I think it varies greatly between people, with kids being more adverse to experience it simply due to the open mindness and lack of life experience which allows them to experience things outside of an adults perspective.

Personally I am like you, I haven't experienced anything I would consider ghostly but my wife says our house is haunted and sees things in the basement, yet I spend most of my time there and haven't experienced anything.

I believe ghosts are real, but not what we think they are.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
We "nannied" our niece and nephew for a summer.. 3?ish year old niece would regularly talk to the corner of her room talking to grandpa (who passed before she could even know who he was) and had details about stuff that she either picked up from us talking about him or he legit was talking to her... freaky af.

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
My place in Wood Dale was 100% haunted

I saw Old Man Smith in the basement.... I was in the bar, drinkin, girls went up stairs, I felt someone behind me, turned, corner my eye for a flash, saw an elder Gentlemen, dressed out of the 1950's. Looked like a carpenter.

I was not freaked out and my immediate thought was it was my 95 year old neighbor Eleanor's Father whom built the house back in 1954.

All kinds of creepy things went on in my 23 years there. I was was never scared, It freaked my wife out though.

Sometimes real unexplained shit like her leaving a brush in the kitchen and then BAM there it was on the kitchen counter the next morning (before our daughter)

Mindy be like "Did You put it there"
. I honestly didn't and always told her it's the ghost.

So, she had enough one day, she looked into paranormal things.... We got sage sticks (Google that)

I walked around the entire house, every corner, closet, everywhere

Chanting a nice "Ghosts GTFO" kinda chant (more formal obviously) burning sage.

Oh, you leave all the windows and doors open so the spirit can supposedly split.

And, YUP

never had an issue after that.

In fact, we still have dem sage sticks

Ah, memories

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
See, I think it varies greatly between people, with kids being more adverse to experience it simply due to the open mindness and lack of life experience which allows them to experience things outside of an adults perspective.

Personally I am like you, I haven't experienced anything I would consider ghostly but my wife says our house is haunted and sees things in the basement, yet I spend most of my time there and haven't experienced anything.

I believe ghosts are real, but not what we think they are.
This is coming from the same guy who says our solar system barreling through a cosmic cloud causes our bodies metaphysical/"supernatural" traits to become more pronounced, by the way.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
As a kid, we were staying at my Aunt's place up in Door County. They had an old brick mansion style inn up there right on the bay of green.

Anyway, it was highly discussed that the place was haunted and I'm sure, late one night, I awoke and saw some ghostly "figure" standing around the foot of the bed watching me.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Fuck
That

What else makes you think your house is haunted?
I have several stories which all center around my daughter’s imaginary friend, Emma. Around this same time she kept talking about Emma all the time. We didn’t think nothing of it until we started seeing apparitions of her. Not just us, but my neighbors, and my son’s friends. The weirdest one was my son had a sleep over with his buddies. My son’s room was at the top of the stair case. His buddy Craig saw a girl peaking into the room. He thought it was my daughter so thought she wanted to play peek a boo. He comes out of the room and there is nobody there. He swears it was my daughter but we were all outside. My son told him about Emma. They woke me up at around midnight because the boy wanted to go home. I took him home and he has never came back to the house.
I have more stories and will post in between accounts I visit today.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So in regards to past relatives and kids, I think they have more access to the "subconscious hive mind" that everyone is a part of and becomes one with, while asleep or dead (in the in between, astral realm)

Now before we call bullshit, consider this.... A majority of major inventions happen simultaneously between multiple people around the world. Almost as if they were tapping into a shared source of information. These people knew nothing of each other or their works, yet develop identical technologies.

Many famous inventors also claim to "have a vision" or "fed information" from somewhere else. Now is it higher beings helping a lower being? Or is his mind tapping into this source and pulling the information the subconscious is looking for that the concious isn't aware of yet?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I used to hear voices on my kids baby monitor almost every night in the middle of the night, it was mostly static sounded like voices but I could never really make out what it was saying, it would wake me up in the 12-2am area almost every night and went on for probably a year or so, one night I was drunk it was getting louder and louder and I screamed shut the fuck up, dead silent after that and I don’t remember ever hearing the static again after that

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm just not a believer in such things. It just seems like nonsense to me. It goes against any scientific knowledge.

Aliens? Sure, no problem in believing that there is life on some other planet far, far away. We can't be the only sentient beings in existence. Though I doubt too many have travelled much further than their home planet than we have.

Thread Info