Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
5d3poz.jpg

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Right now it’s the baby that’ll usually wake me up once a night. Some nights I sleep through the wife getting up to feed her, but if she cries that wakes me up.

Acid reflux is the fucking worst one. It’s been better the last year or so for some reason but probably because I keep the Tums on my night stand so at the first sign of anything I chew a couple of those. But when it hits it will usually keep me up for an hour or more some times. I gargle water or often milk to try to stop the burning throat before I chew like 4-6 tums.

And then as someone else mentioned if one of the dogs start gagging that’s an instant jump the fuck up and carry them to a hard/easy to clean surface so they don’t puke on the carpet.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Usually nothing, unless I have to pee in the middle of the night. When I’m on call it’s different and I’ll wake up randomly and just check the time and what my projected time to work is then go back to sleep. My wife takes night shift to feed the baby once maybe twice and I get up with him early.

Reactions: blue-sun

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I don't usually have an acid reflux problem but last night I woke up at 2 A.M. throwing up acid in my mouth. Spit it into my hand and ran to the bathroom for several minutes of half awake gagging and coughing. Not pleasant. I think the little bit of tequila I had did not sit well in my stomach combined with smoked sausage and a salad. Must have been a bad combo. Won't do that again.

You guys have things that woke you up from sweet sleep to ruin your night?

I have had acid reflex my entire life. There are a couple things you can do the prevent heart burn and acid coming up. You have to not eat for 2 to 3 hours before going to bed. Chocolate also really amplifies acid reflex. I barely have chocolate anymore, and if i do its the beginning of the day. If you can't follow that, this will happen again and eventually it will get worse. Also give apple cider vinegar with mothers a try. It tastes fucking terrible but seems to be helping. I recently got gummies that is apple cider vinegar with mothers. I would suggest that over the actual liquid.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I have had acid reflex my entire life. There are a couple things you can do the prevent heart burn and acid coming up. You have to not eat for 2 to 3 hours before going to bed. Chocolate also really amplifies acid reflex. I barely have chocolate anymore, and if i do its the beginning of the day. If you can't follow that, this will happen again and eventually it will get worse. Also give apple cider vinegar with mothers a try. It tastes fucking terrible but seems to be helping. I recently got gummies that is apple cider vinegar with mothers. I would suggest that over the actual liquid.

Raise the headof the bed 10 inches off the ground (blocks)

Significantly reduce fast food, process food, beer / alcohol / carbonation intake

Exercise / keep weight off

Reactions: Aircal

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I don't have chronic Acid Reflux. but Sometimes tomatoes give me heart-burn that really isn't noticeable until I am trying to lay down and sleep. For that I will take some famotidine. It really doesn't matter what brand you go with. A single 10mg tablet is enough to stop the issue in about 30m and keep it away all night.

Even the same food doesn't always do it. I love spicy arrabitaia sauce, my favorite pasta sauce is Victoria Trading company's arrabitaia sauce. Sometimes that will KILL me. Other days not a problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info