Things that interrupt your sleep

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I don't usually have an acid reflux problem but last night I woke up at 2 A.M. throwing up acid in my mouth. Spit it into my hand and ran to the bathroom for several minutes of half awake gagging and coughing. Not pleasant. I think the little bit of tequila I had did not sit well in my stomach combined with smoked sausage and a salad. Must have been a bad combo. Won't do that again.

You guys have things that woke you up from sweet sleep to ruin your night?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
The sound of my dog about to throw up or my son doing a “somethings wrong” cry will launch me out of bed like a rocket. Other than that and the occasional random stomach illness or need to pee at 3am I sleep like a corpse and can and have slept through a tornado.
I have other issues that will wake me up between 1-4am but that’s for a different thread.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't usually have an acid reflux problem but last night I woke up at 2 A.M. throwing up acid in my mouth. Spit it into my hand and ran to the bathroom for several minutes of half awake gagging and coughing. Not pleasant. I think the little bit of tequila I had did not sit well in my stomach combined with smoked sausage and a salad. Must have been a bad combo. Won't do that again.

You guys have things that woke you up from sweet sleep to ruin your night?
That's acid reflux? That's been happening to me occasionally the past few months. I'll wake up like I have to vomit and have to choke it back. Interesting.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
That's acid reflux? That's been happening to me occasionally the past few months. I'll wake up like I have to vomit and have to choke it back. Interesting.
Yep, that's the name for stomach acid coming up. There are a lot of ways to fix it. Change in night time diet, antacids, etc.

It's the worst at night because waking up to acid burning your mouth and throat is not fun. My throat is a bit messed up today. Not too bad, though. I got it out fast and rinsed with water right away. Then I took a sugar free Tums to settle my stomach so it wouldn't happen again. Burped a couple times and back to bed.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
For those of you with acid reflux or heartburn issues, instead of using Tums (or equivalent calcium tablets), or OTC antacids, instead try Papaya Enzyme chewable tablets. I've had acid issues for years and used to take those calcium chewables, but too many of them aren't good for you and neither is the OTC stuff.

The Papaya Enzyme chewable tablets work well for me. Just chew two of them after a meal and you shouldn't get any acid problems later. It's important to take them immediately after a meal though, so don't forget. Taking them an hour later doesn't work as well.

Reactions: Flyn and RedBeard

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
For those of you with acid reflux or heartburn issues, instead of using Tums (or equivalent calcium tablets), or OTC antacids, instead try Papaya Enzyme chewable tablets. I've had acid issues for years and used to take those calcium chewables, but too many of them aren't good for you and neither is the OTC stuff.

The Papaya Enzyme chewable tablets work well for me. Just chew two of them after a meal and you shouldn't get any acid problems later. It's important to take them immediately after a meal though, so don't forget. Taking them an hour later doesn't work as well.

Those work well. Another regiment to get on is Ginger and Turmeric, helping to reduce inflammation as well as neutralizing acids.

Reactions: nytebyte

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Thinking about work

Lately I've been waking up after about 4 hours of sleep.
If I wake up and manage to not turn my brain on a d go straight to counting sheep I'll generally be able to get right back to sleep.
If my brain turns on it generally reverts straight to thinking about work and if that happens it can be game on for anywhere from 10 min to 2 hours.
Last night it started about 1230 and went for about an hour.
That was fun when my alarm went off at 435 for another 10 hour day.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I got about 45 minutes of sleep last night. We had a sick doeling so I was up every hour checking her in the barn and ended up just watching six episodes of the Clarkson’s Farm thing on Prime or browsing marketplace in between going out. Usually you hope the efforts result in a happy ending but she ended up passing early morning.

Usually it’s work, financial, general anxiety/depression shit or a sick critter keeping me up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info