Thief stole more than 85 guns and gets probation

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
this is why we don't need more gun laws, please enforce the ones we have first

Thief Who Stole More Than 85 Guns Receives Probation In Plea Deal

One of three area men charged with breaking into a Pleasant Valley Township home to cut open a safe with a blowtorch and steal more than $100,000 worth of guns, was sentenced to probation last week.

Brian Reicks, 19, of Riceville, Iowa, pleaded guilty to one count of felony theft of a firearm and one count of felony theft for taking a motor vehicle without consent as part of the agreement Oct. 15, 2015. He was originally charged with an additional count of felony theft and an additional count of felony first-degree burglary and possession of a dangerous weapon.

Reicks was sentenced to 20 years of supervised probation.

Reicks, Jacob Mogren, 18, and Isaac Morse, 20, also allegedly stole several motorcycles and other equipment from the property.

According to court complaints, the men allegedly broke into a home on April 8, 2015, where they tipped over a gun safe, cut open the bottom of it, and stole more than 85 guns, then allegedly stored the guns at Morse’s home in Riceville.

Two 1975 Norton Commando 850cc motorcycles were also stolen, and were later recovered from a La Crescent, Minnesota, man who paid about $1,600 for the motorcycles from a man pretending to be the victim.

Most of the guns were sold, and police recovered at least 82 of them.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
"Reicks was sentenced to 20 years of supervised probation"

That is one hell of a probation time frame.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So incredibly frustrating to read that article. I saw it earlier today.

How the hell does one get probation after only being charged with single counts for what is 85 some firearms and other personal property? What about the fact that he broke into a home? What about that he sold all the stolen firearms into the black market illegally? I bet he can produce background checks for all the buyers of those stolen guns he sold.

PROSECUTE THESE DAMN CASES! Any gun law out there is not effective in deterring future occurrences if you never enforce the penalties!

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
The justice system is broken. Full stop, period.

First sentence of the article:

Don’t talk to me about passing a single new gun law if you aren’t fighting to make sure criminals aren’t being prosecuted to the fullest extent of our existing laws.

Outlaw

Reaction score
When it comes to gun laws, you don't need a larger net, you need smaller holes. What's the point of more laws if they're not being enforced.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
So incredibly frustrating to read that article. I saw it earlier today.

How the hell does one get probation after only being charged with single counts for what is 85 some firearms and other personal property? What about the fact that he broke into a home? What about that he sold all the stolen firearms into the black market illegally? I bet he can produce background checks for all the buyers of those stolen guns he sold.

PROSECUTE THESE DAMN CASES! Any gun law out there is not effective in deterring future occurrences if you never enforce the penalties!
Since he stole them I would think that would qualify as an "illegal transfer" and make him eligible for 5 years federal time each. Just saying.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
im wondering how big of a fucking safe this was to hold 85 guns. also, to hold 85 guns, it had to be giant, how in the fuck do you just push that over to cut out the bottom. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom