YouTube Theres something satisfying about these youtube "celebrities" blowing their motors

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
top donor do whatever you want?

i'll donate 500 and take it to autobahn, try not to kill us both

$1k is highest bid thus far

So what’s the cliff notes here?
Buys cat
Mods cat
Blows engine
Whines about the cost of fixing it?

... and asks his friends/family/YouTube subscribers to donate towards a replacement motor.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
I had it when I swapped my pcm, but now it doesn’t pop up on the Trinity. I was under the impression only the dealer could see it, that the Trinity won’t usually pick it up. Who knows, lol

Where did you see the code?

Only the Wi-Tech from the dealer can see these. I hooked mine up recently and it wasn't there. Also showed my car as reading "ready" for an obd2 emissions, which is good to know. I'll have to confirm with tim on that in a few years lol.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
As I said before.....not really a car guy.....

He financed this entire car.....has a video explaining that. I believe he paid MSRP + taxes, which puts you to almost $80k. So I'm guessing $1000 + car note, which technically makes you upside down on the car since they depreciate so fast.

Even in his recent video......a guy asked if he used Diablo to tune. Technically yes, he did, but he might not know that, who knows. It isn't the tunes fault anyways.

There have been numerous blown hellcat motors. Most on too aggressive of 93 setups with high boost, which was not the case here. Very few on E85, but these guys had major warnings over and over and ignored them, but blame the tuner anyway.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
As I said before.....not really a car guy.....

He financed this entire car.....has a video explaining that. I believe he paid MSRP + taxes, which puts you to almost $80k. So I'm guessing $1000 + car note, which technically makes you upside down on the car since they depreciate so fast.

Even in his recent video......a guy asked if he used Diablo to tune. Technically yes, he did, but he might not know that, who knows. It isn't the tunes fault anyways.

There have been numerous blown hellcat motors. Most on too aggressive of 93 setups with high boost, which was not the case here. Very few on E85, but these guys had major warnings over and over and ignored them, but blame the tuner anyway.

I’m kinda lost reading this post, why’d this car blow? E85 doesn’t work well with these cars?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Unfortunately most people don’t know what they are doing and suffer for it. It doesn’t take a genius to get tuning software and actually learn how to properly log and tune their cars to keep from windowing their block. A 20k mistake could have been prevented with $600 software and some time learning it instead of wasting effort on stupid videos

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Unfortunately most people don’t know what they are doing and suffer for it. It doesn’t take a genius to get tuning software and actually learn how to properly log and tune their cars to keep from windowing their block. A 20k mistake could have been prevented with $600 software and some time learning it instead of wasting effort on stupid videos

He went to a very reputable and very good tuner though. I don’t think the tune was the problem. If he had gotten said software and was trying to tune the car himself I feel he would’ve blown it up even sooner.

I think this is likely a poor part, or a fuel pump didn’t supply enough fuel and he leaned out.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
He went to a very reputable and very good tuner though. I don’t think the tune was the problem. If he had gotten said software and was trying to tune the car himself I feel he would’ve blown it up even sooner.

I think this is likely a poor part, or a fuel pump didn’t supply enough fuel and he leaned out.

Beat the hell out of a car for 20k miles, including when 30% over designed power levels, and the motor will commit Hari Cari.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Where did you see the code?

Only the Wi-Tech from the dealer can see these. I hooked mine up recently and it wasn't there. Also showed my car as reading "ready" for an obd2 emissions, which is good to know. I'll have to confirm with tim on that in a few years lol.

On the Trinity. Swapped to the tuneable PCM, fired her up and check engine light was on. Looked at the code and it was P1400. Cleared it and never saw it again. Just figured it’s only now visible by the dealer

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Hellcat and late model truck, don't feel bad for him even if it's all on a note. Risks you take building power, at least not enough to gofundhim.

Anyone remember the guy back in the day that had the Cobra that kicked the rods out doing a highway pull where the guy sounded like he was gonna cry? Tried to find it on Youtube but failed.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Hellcat and late model truck, don't feel bad for him even if it's all on a note. Risks you take building power, at least not enough to gofundhim.

Anyone remember the guy back in the day that had the Cobra that kicked the rods out doing a highway pull where the guy sounded like he was gonna cry? Tried to find it on Youtube but failed.

That was me cause I would just light a match at that point

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
He had a great tune, BUT that doesn't mean you set it and forget it. The horse I beat to death is to watch what the car is doing. I'm sure he carried the little Diablo tuner is his car too, but never used it.

That thing is good to have up and running...

Also watch AFR at WOT if you can too. I don't think he had a good grasp on what new responsibility modding brings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info