Reddit There's so much going on here

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I notice both on a daily basis. The very aggressive lane changes for no apparent reason - even though both lanes are moving at the same speed.

I also notice random people speeding up to block me from getting into their lane, even if I'm just cruising and have no intention of changing lanes. If I'm just driving slightly faster and slowly passing them, I'll hear their trans kick down a gear and they speed up to stay slightly in front of me. lol

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
- Porsche driver is closing in on traffic in his lane as they all approach slowing traffic.
- Cam car driver realizes this and anticipates that Porsche driver is gonna try to weasel in, so he gets on the gas to close the hole to thwart him. I won't lie, I'd have/had done the same.
- Porsche driver still tries shoving himself in a hole he doesn't fit in and sows the consequences, plain and simple.

I thought we've had another vid like this before, and I thought the result was that the person holding the lane (I.E. the cam car), regardless of him accelerating, has the right of way/occupancy of that space? I can't recall and might be incorrect.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I don't think the cam driver sped up, he is keeping consistent spacing and then brakes when the truck in front brakes. He brakes more when Porsche comes over.

I don't drive aggressive to keep ownership of the lane, just not worth it around here. Funny thing is when I drive somewhere else where folks drive less aggressive, my aggressiveness is noticeable to me lol. Like if i drive in Western MI.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't think the cam driver sped up, he is keeping consistent spacing and then brakes when the truck in front brakes. He brakes more when Porsche comes over.

I don't drive aggressive to keep ownership of the lane, just not worth it around here. Funny thing is when I drive somewhere else where folks drive less aggressive, my aggressiveness is noticeable to me lol. Like if i drive in Western MI.
It's definitely noticeable out here. What's just normal driving in Chicago is super aggressive here.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Grand Haven and further north to get away from the Illinois plates and find less aggressive drivers in Western MI.

St Joes, Saugatuck, South Haven still have Illinois drivers roaming around.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Grand Haven and further north to get away from the Illinois plates and find less aggressive drivers in Western MI.

St Joes, Saugatuck, South Haven still have Illinois drivers roaming around.
It's amazing the contrast in drivers from ~Edgerton and north compared to the drivers from ~Janesville and south. Like an entirely different world of driving and it's like a light switch.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Pretty sure the driver

I think the cam driver sped up. Gray pickup truck in the left lane is still passing the white Journey on the far right lane and gaining on the middle lane vehicle at the same pace. Also no brake lights on the Gray pickup that I could see.

I've sped up to close the gap to prevent myself from getting cut off. But I've also had to back off or swerve to avoid contact when they came over anyway. One either has to drive so close as to tailgate in traffic like that, or you end up getting other drivers cutting in front of you all the time. At the end of the day, I'll get irritated, but don't want to cause any wrecks.

Reactions: Pro Stock John

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
another failure to yield jagoff with more money than brains. No situation awareness, no turn signals, and phone in hand. The all about me mentality.

I'm sure we all have closed the gap before, I'd be lying to say I have not. I look at it as more of a defensive maneuver to prevent getting trapped behind a braindead left lane camper, and ultimately needing to pass them in the right lane.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info