Theo Epstein To Step Down

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
No surprise there, the writing was on the wall at the end of the season. Hoyer is the right man for the job and this is the reason he has passed up other front office jobs the last few years. He knew he was next in line here with the Cubs. I'll be forever grateful to Theo and crew for bringing us a WS Championship. So glad my Grandma got to see it as well before she passed away.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lets hope he has the balls to make some trades that wont make a lot of people happy. Starting with Krissy Bryant. I'd keep Javi, Riz, Schwarbs (if Dh stays), Willie and Happ. If Almora can be had cheap when his deal is up I'd keep him around as well. I still have confidence his bat will come around.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I bet wherever Theo goes Lester goes, and Ross will follow after the year, he won't stay with the Cubs long.

One way or another, the team is heading towards a rebuild.
No way dude, Ross is here for the long haul and Lester probably comes back for a year as the 5th starter.
Your forgetting they have a shit ton of money from the TV deal. Granted nobody is spending due to Covid, but once Covid is over, they will be major players in free agency.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Hoping they keep Hendricks. He's my favorite pitcher on the roster.
Pretty sure they just resigned him thru 2024, Darvish as well iirc. Thats why I dont see a full rebuild just yet. They arent that far off from competing in the NL. To much money locked in those 2 and J-Hey to say fuck it lets tear it down.

Reactions: Marko and ChrisRac
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info