Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Sounds like I missed out :rofl:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...eason-finale-review-what-a-joke/#402f617b357c

I watched tonight's Walking Dead with a mixture of dismay, disdain and disbelief. The show has fallen on such hard times it's still kind of hard to believe. By the end of the episode's "shocking" reveal, I could only shake my head in disgust. What a joke this show has become. A bad joke.

I'm not going to recap this midseason finale. I don't have the energy to summarize. I don't care enough anymore about the nonsensical plot and the bad writing to go that extra mile. The Walking Dead doesn't deserve careful recaps or deep analysis anymore. Its producers and writers are either lazy or they're hacks or some horrible combination of the two. Whatever the case, this episode was embarrassing to watch. I can only imagine how embarrassing it must be to have written, produced, directed or acted in it.

Rather than recap the entire trainwreck of an episode, we'll just focus on one scene. Maggie and the Hilltop army are driving in the middle of the night to the Sanctuary to join up with Rick and everybody else and demand the Saviors' surrender. I'm not sure why they're driving at night. Whatever. Who knows why anyone does anything on this silly show anymore?

In any case, somehow Negan and his entire army have escaped the Sanctuary. We don't get details, really, on how this all went down, but Negan apparently still has a vast army and the ability to coordinate a rapid, multi-pronged response to Rick's people. And plenty of guns and bullets, too.

So Maggie and her crew are driving down the road when, lo and behold, the Negan's have anticipated their arrival perfectly, blocking the road with a fallen tree. Maggie has about eight or nine vehicles filled with soldiers, but that tree proves fatal. The Saviors show up and stop Maggie's people without a fight. For some reason, none of Maggie's people jump out of their car with their guns to shoot at Simon and his troops. They just give over their guns and give up with a whimper, not a bang.

And just as inexplicably, Simon lets them all go back to the Hilltop without a scratch. Well, to be fair, he kills a guy. Neil. Good ol' Neil who we just met tonight. Man, that sucks that they killed Neil. We really cared about that guy.

So anyways, Simon lets everyone else go. Why does he let them go? Why not take Maggie prisoner? Why not take them all prisoner? Why not just shoot these people who tried to kill you? I don't know. You don't know. Nobody knows. The writers and producers of this awful television show don't know. AMC doesn't know, they're just laughing all the way to the bank.

So anyways, I guess all out war is suddenly not working. There's not really an explanation of why things went the way they did or how Negan was able to bounce back within mere hours. I thought he needed bullets? Wasn't Eugene going to make bullets? I don't know.

Seriously, nobody knows. And that kind of sums up the entire episode. The Saviors miraculously coordinated a counter-offensive within hours of Daryl's misguided assault on the Sanctuary. They subdued everyone on the "good guys" team. Michonne hacked up a dude with her katana. Dwight shot some Saviors. Tara had a comic relief bit with Rosita. Judith is still alive, and keeps aging while Maggie remains the opposite of pregnant. None of it matters.

This is a bad television show, folks. I used to really like it. Now it's lost everything that once made it good. Sad!

In the end we find out that Carl's been bitten by a zombie. CARL! So that means that either he's going to die or The Walking Dead is going to pull some trick card and have him survive. I'm not sure I care either way anymore. Maybe this is Rick's karma for leaving his children while he pursued perhaps the dumbest mission ever conceived to woo the Trash People over to his cause for literally no reason.

What a joke. It's one forced plot after another with the characters we used to love sacrificed on the altar of laziness and greed. The actors should all quit in protest.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Gonna need some pics.

Here’s a quick google search
ctfzt34z7msx.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info