The US could end up running on gasoline forever, leaving electric vehicles to China and Europe

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Why worry about switching batteries when you can get a huge amount of usable range in a short amount of time. Honestly, if you could get say, 200 miles in 10 minutes would you consider that good? Or since it’s marginally slower than a gas pump would you still say not good enough?

The real mindfuck that people can’t wrap their heads around is that your car has a “full tank” every time you leave the house. So unless you go 150 miles each way to work and home you’ll be fine without “filling up”. Here’s how far you can go without charging

View attachment 45414

but then what when you get 200 miles away :rofl:

sweet. can i plug into this cabin i rented? no. neat. k

Reactions: Red Alert

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
but then what when you get 200 miles away :rofl:

sweet. can i plug into this cabin i rented? no. neat. k
That’s the beauty of the supercharger network. It’s strategically placed along major arteries so that there’s always one in rage wherever you are. A quick stop there and you can make it to the next one no problem.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That’s the beauty of the supercharger network. It’s strategically placed along major arteries so that there’s always one in rage wherever you are. A quick stop there and you can make it to the next one no problem.

did you miss my post about this last time? about how even traveling along the SWEET SUPERCHARGER NETWORK would add a significant amount of time to any of the typical "journeys" i do?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1jgHiLm.png
I used the wrong car, you're right. Had Model X plugged in. but 68*

now i have model s 75 like yours, 25* outside, dry roads... 10 hrs 50 minutes.

JtCcy1r.png

YRPXd1k.png
Changed "max speed" to 75 mph, got back 10:50 hours.

It says "max speed" not average or constant speed [MENTION=11218]lastls1[/MENTION].

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1573845262214.png

i can't imagine aiming for like minocqua, eagle river, whatever, two super popular vacay destinations, and having to make sure i charge the fuck out of my car before i get north... then hoping i dont drive around too much and can make it back to wausau.

ive said it once ive said it again, as a second or third vehicle, sure... in the future once there's WAY more charging stations, aight... right now? fuck all of that for an "only" vehicle.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
View attachment 45431

i can't imagine aiming for like minocqua, eagle river, whatever, two super popular vacay destinations, and having to make sure i charge the fuck out of my car before i get north... then hoping i dont drive around too much and can make it back to wausau.

ive said it once ive said it again, as a second or third vehicle, sure... in the future once there's WAY more charging stations, aight... right now? fuck all of that for an "only" vehicle.

I’d imagine that if a person had a cabin out there and had a Tesla they would likely install a wall connector and be able to charge fully overnight

keep in mind though, most people don’t have a cabin out in the wilderness that they visit weekly so it usually isn’t an issue

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
How long does it take at a supercharger? I honestly forget how much quicker it is than a regular charger.

Lets say you're down to 1/4 battery (the same as a 1/4 tank of gas), and filling up to full.
The 90-100% charge would be slow but 25 to 80-90 would take like 20ish minutes at a version 2, much less on a version 3

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’d imagine that if a person had a cabin out there and had a Tesla they would likely install a wall connector and be able to charge fully overnight

keep in mind though, most people don’t have a cabin out in the wilderness that they visit weekly so it usually isn’t an issue
That's totally different than what I said.

I'm saying just going on vacation north. Not to a personally owned home.

Shit. PANDA PANDA goes 26 times per year.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Why worry about switching batteries when you can get a huge amount of usable range in a short amount of time. Honestly, if you could get say, 200 miles in 10 minutes would you consider that good? Or since it’s marginally slower than a gas pump would you still say not good enough?

The real mindfuck that people can’t wrap their heads around is that your car has a “full tank” every time you leave the house. So unless you go 150 miles each way to work and home you’ll be fine without “filling up”. Here’s how far you can go without charging

View attachment 45414

200 mi in 10 min is pretty good. i agree most people don't factor in the near/fully charged out of their garage. your radius isn't factoring in roads or traffic or heating/cooling your human meat cargo

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Just a quip here.

I have recently changed employers but stayed in the same field. My travel has been modified from USA, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean in airplanes to Central USA in mostly cars.

I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that California had the most Tesla's in my previous experiences. San Fran and LA being the highest sightings for me.

BUT. I will say this - I have seen a LOT more Tesla's in the greater Chicago region than I have ever seen before in my last 4 weeks of driving around just this area.

I don't want one, but I cannot deny they are definitely increasing their population on the road in this area.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Also for those of you worried about the electric Grid. Charging your Tesla at home is really no different than having your home AC on or if you have an electric dryer. A lot of people I know use a 30 amp dryer style plug. Or if you drive very little or have access to charging at work as well you can simply plug it into the 120v outlet and get about 50 miles back overnight.

It honestly isn’t much different than the things we already have in our homes. It’s not like people have superchargers in their garages.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Also for those of you worried about the electric Grid. Charging your Tesla at home is really no different than having your home AC on or if you have an electric dryer. A lot of people I know use a 30 amp dryer style plug. Or if you drive very little or have access to charging at work as well you can simply plug it into the 120v outlet and get about 50 miles back overnight.

It honestly isn’t much different than the things we already have in our homes. It’s not like people have superchargers in their garages.

Yes, but my dryer isn't running all night.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Of course this turned in to a tesla love/hate thread

Also if down the road it ever suddenly becomes an issue, most likely Tesla has already thought of it. Hence why they are also an energy company. Selling solar roofs, mega solar battery stations and home power walls.
Doesn't matter what they've thought of if they can't monetize it. Which goes back to my post on the second page.

Without billions of dollars in federal subsidies, Tesla would have gone bankrupt long ago

Reactions: Grabber
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info