The U.S. national debt hits $22 trillion for the first time

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
The U.S. national debt hit $22 trillion for the first time this week, less than a year after it first hit $21 trillion.

Total government debt was $22.013 trillion on Monday, according to the Treasury Department. The exact level of debt for any given day is published on the following business day.

The debt has now climbed more than $2 trillion in less than 18 months — it first hit $20 trillion in September 2017. Just a few months ago, Trump called on his Cabinet officials to cut their budgets by 5 percent in a bid to keep spending down.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1095431337392128000

lastls1

Reaction score
I mean if mind as well be 300 trillion. It will never be repaid.

It’s like saying I make 20 grand a year and owe you 200 million.... rofl.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
There's a lot more money wasted on a lot dumber shit.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
It's both sickening and terrifying. There are only about a dozen countries that have higher national debt than annual GDP, we're one of them, and we're MUCH larger than the other countries on that list

Spending cuts are needed...I have no clue why the morons in charge don't understand this.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

I missed why the sold at a loss??
It's not like they needed the money, just ask aoc, print more money and use that!!!!

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
I mean if mind as well be 300 trillion. It will never be repaid.

It’s like saying I make 20 grand a year and owe you 200 million.... rofl.
Because we die, the US doesn't die, it collapses and then every one is screwed, not just our creditors.
I still say the budget can be cut in 1/2 if we had term limits so the people actually governed as planned, instead of criminal cartels that stay in power for decades :(

lastls1

Reaction score
I mean other countries have debt to us, we have debt to them. And round and round it goes. If one of the larger counties goes under the rest will follow.

I don’t want a major collapse to happen and I don’t think it would.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
a lot of countries sold their shares of our debt lately.. obviously someone had to have bought the debt but they sense some pretty big issues soon.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Again, I’m taking a front row seat next to Alex (@deezuz) when this whole thing implodes.

Have my popcorn and cherry coke ready.

bmoore04

Reaction score
It's both sickening and terrifying. There are only about a dozen countries that have higher national debt than annual GDP, we're one of them, and we're MUCH larger than the other countries on that list

Spending cuts are needed...I have no clue why the morons in charge don't understand this.
The morons in charge are not trying to do whats best for the country they are trying to do what gets them re elected. The people need to take responsibility and push for change.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
If every man, woman, and child in this country had to pay an equal share, every person would owe about 75 grand to pay that off.

Yea, good luck recovering from that when the bottom hits

thanks LIbeRAL LEeCHEeS!

And POSs

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
And just think....~$11,000,000,000 of that debt is money lost on bailing out General Motors!
Oh come on... It's so easy to forget that Ford too out massive loans and such before the bottom fell out.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's funny how many people don't have any understanding whatsoever of what happened with the Big 3 in the early 00s.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Oh come on... It's so easy to forget that Ford too out massive loans and such before the bottom fell out.
Ford mortgaged the house to stay afloat. Think they literally put up the brand as collateral.

There is a HUGE difference between taking out massive loans, and ripping off the US taxpayers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom