3800 The Turbo thread

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I pushed the fuel line back how I had it before they did the install, and its pretty much un-kinked. Ill make a permanent solution later. There was no detonation. I pulled out my scanner and read that everytime I went to boost I would misfire. Well since I wanted to get those plugs out of there anyways, I put my 104's in when I got home. The cylinders that were misfiring were 4 and 6. Well insulation on the outside post was cracked on both plugs. So as soon as I got my 104s in we fixed the wastegate, since they hooked the vacuum up to the wrong line. Well then we put the 5 psi spring in and took it for a spin, and had no KR and no misfires. So we put the 9 psi spring in and went for a run and still had no KR and no misfires. Well I dont have the shims with me, because the shop must have accidently kept them. So I cant push more than 9 psi right now, and I dont have a boost controller with me. Now I still have some tuning to do with the A/F because im running 965+ on my O2s. But the car is loving its new boost.

I have a friend with a LT1 that i had raced right before I took off the M90. We were dead even for most of the run. Since then he has put in an upgraded pcm software and also got some 100 octane to race me. He said he felt a considerable gain with the 100 octane, he must have some knock issues. We ended up dead even again. So I have definitely gained some horsepower over the M90 and im pushing a pound less. I cant wait to get the shims from the shop and add a couple pounds.

Only problem I have right now, is the most annoying exhaust leak in the world. My car literally sounds like a lawnmower, and it just gets louder and faster as I speed up.

Here is one picture for now. I will get some up later when I update my webpage.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Nope, no IC yet. My only mods right now are Turbo, no cat, dhp, prj rails, and 160 drilled t-stat. I ran out of time to do this kit myself, so I had SSP in Addison, IL do it. They did a great job on hooking this system up. It looks awesome up close. I will be hooking up my home-ported TB and ls1 maf soon also. Also need to make up a better intake cone. My present one is rediculously small. And need to start heat wrapping everything. Here are some additional pictures.

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
so long as you are willing to take the chance with the product go for it. Like he said, there are some shitty people on ebay that dont really give a shit if their product works. I would suggest ponying up the extra cash and buying one new from a performance shop that will stand behind the products they sell.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info