• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

The Turbo thread

sweetness

Reaction score
Ill let mike finish this, but Im starting it. :D Its done. Some things that need to be adjusted, but its done. Mike should be gettinghome around 11:00 tonight or so, so ill let him tell you about it and put up some pics. Ill just say this. It looks great.

BC

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
11....thats childs play, try 12:30. Then I figured out real quick what was wrong with the car....the supposed "detonation". I am pushing 9 psi with 0 KR, and keeping with my friends modded LT1. Will get pictures up tomorrow, but I have to wake in 2 hrs and head to school. More tomorrow.

sweetness

Reaction score
Sweet. So you got that fuel line worked out? What was the detonation??

BC

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
I pushed the fuel line back how I had it before they did the install, and its pretty much un-kinked. Ill make a permanent solution later. There was no detonation. I pulled out my scanner and read that everytime I went to boost I would misfire. Well since I wanted to get those plugs out of there anyways, I put my 104's in when I got home. The cylinders that were misfiring were 4 and 6. Well insulation on the outside post was cracked on both plugs. So as soon as I got my 104s in we fixed the wastegate, since they hooked the vacuum up to the wrong line. Well then we put the 5 psi spring in and took it for a spin, and had no KR and no misfires. So we put the 9 psi spring in and went for a run and still had no KR and no misfires. Well I dont have the shims with me, because the shop must have accidently kept them. So I cant push more than 9 psi right now, and I dont have a boost controller with me. Now I still have some tuning to do with the A/F because im running 965+ on my O2s. But the car is loving its new boost.

I have a friend with a LT1 that i had raced right before I took off the M90. We were dead even for most of the run. Since then he has put in an upgraded pcm software and also got some 100 octane to race me. He said he felt a considerable gain with the 100 octane, he must have some knock issues. We ended up dead even again. So I have definitely gained some horsepower over the M90 and im pushing a pound less. I cant wait to get the shims from the shop and add a couple pounds.

Only problem I have right now, is the most annoying exhaust leak in the world. My car literally sounds like a lawnmower, and it just gets louder and faster as I speed up.

Here is one picture for now. I will get some up later when I update my webpage.

rob

Reaction score
Ive been getting bits and pieces of this project. What did you do to the bottom end/heads ect.....Or what is you mods?

Looks good....Your ICed too right? Sorry, cant remember all the details.

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
Nope, no IC yet. My only mods right now are Turbo, no cat, dhp, prj rails, and 160 drilled t-stat. I ran out of time to do this kit myself, so I had SSP in Addison, IL do it. They did a great job on hooking this system up. It looks awesome up close. I will be hooking up my home-ported TB and ls1 maf soon also. Also need to make up a better intake cone. My present one is rediculously small. And need to start heat wrapping everything. Here are some additional pictures.

sweetness

Reaction score
looks sweet. glad you got that fueling thing sorted out.

BC

LP 3800

Reaction score
Good work. Everything looks great. What size turbo?
We should get to the dyno soon. I need to put down some serious numbers too

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
The turbo is a Garrett T04B. I would love to dyno soon, but may have to wait a little for the funds.

sweetness

Reaction score
so long as you are willing to take the chance with the product go for it. Like he said, there are some shitty people on ebay that dont really give a shit if their product works. I would suggest ponying up the extra cash and buying one new from a performance shop that will stand behind the products they sell.

BC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom