The TCG requested features thread

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I do believe I made a TCG Discord for the last year's fantasy football draft so we could all talk. No one joined. :tear:

Here is a link to join it. I made it a perminant link instead of a temporary one and if [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] wants to take it over, obviously TCG is his site. I was just trying to get something I thought would be cool off the ground.

https://discord.gg/K3VHUgd
I joined it just never used it.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I do believe I made a TCG Discord for the last year's fantasy football draft so we could all talk. No one joined. :tear:

Here is a link to join it. I made it a perminant link instead of a temporary one and if [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] wants to take it over, obviously TCG is his site. I was just trying to get something I thought would be cool off the ground.

https://discord.gg/K3VHUgd

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
The only reason I still use tapatalk is because it will let you post pictures. It’s a hassle posting them on an image website and then linking them into TCG. Kinda hard for some that aren’t computer savvy. If you want dudes posting pics of their righteous rides you might make it easier for them. How expensive is it to host pics?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The only reason I still use tapatalk is because it will let you post pictures. It’s a hassle posting them on an image website and then linking them into TCG. Kinda hard for some that aren’t computer savvy. If you want dudes posting pics of their righteous rides you might make it easier for them. How expensive is it to host pics?

It has nothing to do with the expense of hosting pics...we used to have our own personal image uploader...but you would still need to copy the link and post it here. There really isnt an elegant 3rd party solution for implementing IMGUR for example. You need to use their API and they can shut your shit down at any time as well.

Its actually pretty easy to post to imgur then pop the image over on to our site..some of you guys just refuse to take the 3 minutes to learn..just like some of you refuse to listen on how to properly post youtube links or fb videos :rofl: :s00ls:

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Can you add this function to the current forum? On tapatalk, you press the little picture icon, pick your picture, and bingo...so easy even a 5 year old child that accidentally drank a beer could use. I also just downloaded this pic with tapatalk...
66cbe840cf9f978022f5dcf67fadf05e.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
If you do want more people to post here, I just think it makes it easier for them. Most are used to easy posting pics on FB, IG, etc... you come to a forum and it’s harder to post a pic...for me, i have no problem posting pics either way. I can photoshop and post the pic at a stop light...a newb,might not stick around cause he can’t post a pic

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Expedition Portal has a different way to do new posts that might be of interest.... Especially on slow days here. Rather than only new posts it always displays 10 pages of new posts.

10 pages might be excessive but 5 might work. It would get people looking at topics a bit more for a second or third look..?
That would be nice. Sometimes I can only get on on the weekends and nobody posts but new posts doesn’t always show everything I’ve missed till someone bumps it. Seeing the “latest” few days of posts would be helpful there. The caprice forum does that, it’s called active topics.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If you do want more people to post here, I just think it makes it easier for them. Most are used to easy posting pics on FB, IG, etc... you come to a forum and it’s harder to post a pic...for me, i have no problem posting pics either way. I can photoshop and post the pic at a stop light...a newb,might not stick around cause he can’t post a pic

Agree

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I use dischord for Pokémon go. It’s basically a forum. You create a group, invite people, post threads...it’s a forum

It's not a forum at all, there's no organization in the group chats, it's just a big mish mosh of people talking. Forums have topics, replies quotes etc. I would never think twice about using discord as a proper forum... forums are way better :rofl:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It's not a forum at all, there's no organization in the group chats, it's just a big mish mosh of people talking. Forums have topics, replies quotes etc. I would never think twice about using discord as a proper forum... forums are way better :rofl:

You CAN organize different chat channels for different chat, but yes. There are no specific topics. People will reply and see the last reply. Unless you are logged in at that time and chat with people about something specific at that time, you cannot revisit it without breaking the new topic.

That would be like me talking about dogs with someone, then 2 days later walk up and continue my dog conversation while they are 4 topics removed from that. Id look like a dumbass.
[MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION], Ill make you the owner. If you want, you can make me the admin. If not, thats cool too. Just trying to get another avenue going for the site was my priority. Id rather someone that already does it and knows whats up in charge versus my newb ass.

Thread Info