• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

The TCG requested features thread

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
While I continue to weigh my options about upgrading the site....we might still be able to give this old girl some new life. If there is a feature you'd like to see added OR if there is a current site function or feature you'd like to see revamped, post in here.

PLEASE keep this thread on topic. I'll be nuking shit that dont belong.

List so far:

• Revamp of the attachment system - either by including IMGUR access or making the default one not a piece of shit.
  • Social medial log in (register with FB / log-in using FB credentials)
  • Better social sharing options

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I really thought Id have more for the list to start :rofl:

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think integrated sharing would be good. Not that I use it.

How about the ability to use social accounts to log in. Not that I use it.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I think integrated sharing would be good. Not that I use it.

How about the ability to use social accounts to log in. Not that I use it.
There used to be a Facebook login mod but its been discontinued for a long time. i'd like to have the capability. Added to list.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
agree on the social media logins (FB, Google, etc). I won't use it but it could speed up registration process and remove some steps for people.

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
oh but the other downside is with social media integration, comes their tracking garbage too

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
did we ever have the discussion regarding a discord/irq chat TCG room setup? or was that decided against due to possibly taking content responses away from the site?

(although might make shooting the shit more entertaining)

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
haha, now I know my comment is being deleted. :D

I thought maybe I hadn't hit submit the first time.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
did we ever have the discussion regarding a discord/irq chat TCG room setup? or was that decided against due to possibly taking content responses away from the site?

(although might make shooting the shit more entertaining)
Was it ever even brought up?

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Expedition Portal has a different way to do new posts that might be of interest.... Especially on slow days here. Rather than only new posts it always displays 10 pages of new posts.

10 pages might be excessive but 5 might work. It would get people looking at topics a bit more for a second or third look..?

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
There used to be a Facebook login mod but its been discontinued for a long time. i'd like to have the capability. Added to list.
Did they social media sharing get shot down then or maybe?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
That chat used be quite a hot spot on the site but now its more or less a ghost town. Live Feed is the one feature I use constantly...I'd be lost without it.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Reread your post...I'm confused by the wording.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Also, threads have the ability to share to Twitter or Facebook already..but its hidden under "linkback".

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
What should I do if I'm a publisher or creator?
If you are a publisher, or planning to verify as a publisher with Brave, you can sign up here. If you are already signed up, you need to use your login to your Brave Rewards publisher account to add your Uphold account and receive earnings that are transferred to your Uphold account by the 8th of every month.

Brave browser users can contribute to and tip their favorite content creators at any time privately, and their contributions are made available to content creators participating every month as earnings.
What is a "verified" publisher?
Before a publisher is able to receive contributions, they need to demonstrate that they control their domain (e.g. “example.com”). Brave uses a challenge-response protocol for this purpose.

If the exchange is successful, we know that our automated systems are communicating with the publisher who controls the domain. Brave Software neither endorses nor disavows sites that verify; we report whether they have verified or not.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Also, threads have the ability to share to Twitter or Facebook already..but its hidden under "linkback".
Exactly don't hide it and expand it.

Go look here:

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/no-way-bro-sick-custom-off-road-expedition-overland-trailer-for-sale.201629/

Every post has the share button in the upper right with 8 ways to share and its at the bottom in the footer too. Nice and clear and easy. If you want content to spread you have to make it available.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Discord could actually be a good outlet to use to tie into our gamers in the community. I know i've played with [MENTION=95]Fish[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3831]Shadow99[/MENTION] and have used voice comms via discord with them. Along with obviously anyone on xbox voice comms. I've also been using discord a lot more with our group of friends to just sit in and chat while we're doing late night work or just sitting around doing nothing :dunno:

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Discord could actually be a good outlet to use to tie into our gamers in the community. I know i've played with [MENTION=95]Fish[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3831]Shadow99[/MENTION] and have used voice comms via discord with them. Along with obviously anyone on xbox. I've also been using discord a lot more with our group of friends to just sit in and chat while we're doing late night work or just sitting around doing nothing :dunno:
So we can talk to each other while we post? Video chat an option? :pedobear:

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
I do believe I made a TCG Discord for the last year's fantasy football draft so we could all talk. No one joined. :tear:

Here is a link to join it. I made it a perminant link instead of a temporary one and if [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] wants to take it over, obviously TCG is his site. I was just trying to get something I thought would be cool off the ground.

https://discord.gg/K3VHUgd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom