The Tastiest Double Cheeseburgers In The Fast-Food Universe | UPROXX

Pro Stock John

older than marty
Reaction score
Interesting list, I'd put Shake Shack #1, 5 Guys #2.

McDs for me of the list would be #3, but I've not had a few of the top ranked ones to be honest.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
There is a Fast Food Chain down here called Pals. Always a line around the place. Take out only, on point.

Absolutely blows away McDonald's, Burger King (garbage IMO), Wendy's (better than McDonald's) Hardee's, Culver's, Sonic

NOT Portillos though. Fucking love Portillos.
20210115_154515.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
A&W is on Lake Street / RT 31 in North Aurora

The DQ on Douglas Rd in Montgomery does food
That's the A&W I was referring too.

As to DQ's that do burgers, I am not driving from Elgin down that far for a DQ burger. Heck the one in Geneava (which is right by the pizza place I worked for) is out of the way if I am up here in Elgin.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
Solid list but I don’t ride that In & Out bandwagon. I’d put Sonic as my #1 even though I always smell like onions for the rest of the day. And Five Guys as #2 with all my toppings. It’s be cool to put their cajun fries on the burger itself!

Pro Stock John

older than marty
Reaction score
In and Out is a solid chain burger, had it a few times. I'd put it at top 5 for a chain, but it's not one of the best burgers I've had from a small to big chain. I'd put Shake Shake at the very top, but 5 Guys is great. Culvers would be in my top 5. I've never been impressed with Sonic or DQ.

Z28Camaro

Addict
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was always a fan of Five Guys before I left the US, also had it once in Geneva, Switzerland and typically make a visit to one when I’m back visiting in the US. I had shake shack burgers a couple times when I was living in Japan and although they are good I don’t think they are quite as good as Five Guys. I remember shake shack being expensive too but it may have been a Japan thing.

None of the good/famous burger chains exist in Russia but there are a few good burger joints around here that will scratch the itch.

McDonalds here didn’t make the switch to fresh burger patties in the quarter pounders like in the US so they are just ok. I don’t think they switched them in Japan either.

Pro Stock John

older than marty
Reaction score
By no means a strong generalization, but I've only had really good burgers once outside of the US, was in Paris.

Reactions: Bru

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Donating Member
Reaction score
Would love to know where these guys sampled from, location/region wise in regarding "fast food chains" to meet their criteria and also eliminate/leave other big players off the list that have been mentioned in here

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
With In and Out on there, Sonic, Carls Jr. I suspect it's in the west/southwest.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Typical west coast media bias. In N Out is overrated.

Pro Stock John

older than marty
Reaction score
Yeah I'll have it if it's convenient but not gonna make a big deal about it.

I've never had Whataburger, what is it like?

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I have to give a shoutout to Buona's double cheeseburger also. Their double burger with avocado, pepperjack. and bacon is definitely legit!

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I'd put In-N-Out at best equal to McD's/Burger King/Wendy's. Realistically I'd probably rather have a Double QP w/cheese than a burger from In-N-Out.

Totally overrated!
Agreed, it’s not bad but no where as great as it’s made out to be. I say it’s like a Sonic. I put Wendy’s ahead.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Donating Member
Reaction score
While completely subjective and you can slice it many different ways in the "best of X" category

I'm all ears for a better complete double patty burger for only $4

As much as people love to love In n Out, many love to hate it as well I've found in my work travels lol

"Same" burger from Shake Shack is double the price

If I lived where there were In n out locations, there would be no reason for me to visit like a mcdonalds for anything other than a mcnugget or their fries

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Back in the day, there used to be a burger joint called Hot-N-Now. It was a very limited menu with basic burgers. They were pretty much McDonald's cheeseburgers in look, taste, etc... Best part. They were $.49 every day. You could eat like a king in terms of quantity for less than $5. It was great. Now they weren't fine cuisine by any stretch.... Sadly I don't think any are around anymore. I think they were based out of Michigan.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
While completely subjective and you can slice it many different ways in the "best of X" category

I'm all ears for a better complete double patty burger for only $4

As much as people love to love In n Out, many love to hate it as well I've found in my work travels lol

"Same" burger from Shake Shack is double the price

If I lived where there were In n out locations, there would be no reason for me to visit like a mcdonalds for anything other than a mcnugget or their fries
The people saying that McD’s/Wendy’s/BK is better than In-N-Out are smoking crack. Probably the same demographic that would ask for ketchup for their filet at a nice steak joint:p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom