The Shawn1112 Show

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So bored thread brought up another memory lol.

Think I've mentioned that growing up we always hung out with older dudes, they kinda showed us the ropes per say. Before most of us got in to the gang life, we had our own "crew" kinda thing, and most neighborhoods did. We would get T Shirts made with our crew names on them and our crew colors. We would break dance battle, play baseball or football against other crews and some games/battles got pretty heated to the point where maybe a few punches were thrown. Well that shit turned in to basically gang shit but we werent officially in a gang yet. Well my GF in 6th or 7th grade lived in an opposing crew neighborhood. I would ride my bike to and from her house and sometimes come home at like 10-11pm. Well this other crew caught me one night riding home, needless to say they whopped my ass and stole my bike. So the following day we went to their neighborhood looking for revenge. Well they had some much older dudes (18-21) and straight up gangbangers that were related to them. So they said fuck all that jumping people shit, why dont you guys set up a time, day, and a place and you guys come together and fight anyone you want heads up. Basically form a circle, point a guy out and get in that circle and go at it.

So for the next few weeks we did that against these guys and eventually other crews got involved. If you got called out, you and the other dude fought until you or him said enough. Some fights lasted longer than others, but a majority were probably a minute long. I've never in my life been a good fighter, Ive always been the type that if I got my hands on you. Kiss your ass good night because I wrestled all thru grammar school and thats what I knew how to do lol. Sometimes there would be 30-40 of us in this circle. Cops would come and sometimes just watch, other times they just kept it moving. I know this next part is going to sound like a movie lol.

So by buddy Main was our leader and who till this day is a very good friend of mine. Main was like 2yrs older than me and was a black kid that was built like a brick shit house at 14. In football he was so fucking fast and strong it was basically give Main the ball and score lol. Had 2 older brothers who were BIG TIME dudes. One is dead and the other is doing essentially life in the Feds. So anyway, our main rival club leader was a hispanic dude that was supposedly a tough SOB who was trained to box. Every week Main and this other leader were supposed to fight and it never happened. Always some excuse on their end because Main never had an excuse. So one week it finally happened, those 2 went at it and to say Main beat the dog shit out of him is an understatement. The fight didnt even last a minute and this dude was lumped the fuck up. Bleeding from his nose and his mouth and both eyes were swelling shut within minutes. That dudes uncle was one of those older gangbangers that told us to start this fighting shit weeks prior. He saw what happened and tried attacking Main immediately after his nephew got whooped. I kid you not, it was the same result except main knocked one of that dudes teeth out. After that, shit started getting crazy and gangs started getting involved.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So bored thread brought up another memory lol.

Think I've mentioned that growing up we always hung out with older dudes, they kinda showed us the ropes per say. Before most of us got in to the gang life, we had our own "crew" kinda thing, and most neighborhoods did. We would get T Shirts made with our crew names on them and our crew colors. We would break dance battle, play baseball or football against other crews and some games/battles got pretty heated to the point where maybe a few punches were thrown. Well that shit turned in to basically gang shit but we werent officially in a gang yet. Well my GF in 6th or 7th grade lived in an opposing crew neighborhood. I would ride my bike to and from her house and sometimes come home at like 10-11pm. Well this other crew caught me one night riding home, needless to say they whopped my ass and stole my bike. So the following day we went to their neighborhood looking for revenge. Well they had some much older dudes (18-21) and straight up gangbangers that were related to them. So they said fuck all that jumping people shit, why dont you guys set up a time, day, and a place and you guys come together and fight anyone you want heads up. Basically form a circle, point a guy out and get in that circle and go at it.

So for the next few weeks we did that against these guys and eventually other crews got involved. If you got called out, you and the other dude fought until you or him said enough. Some fights lasted longer than others, but a majority were probably a minute long. I've never in my life been a good fighter, Ive always been the type that if I got my hands on you. Kiss your ass good night because I wrestled all thru grammar school and thats what I knew how to do lol. Sometimes there would be 30-40 of us in this circle. Cops would come and sometimes just watch, other times they just kept it moving. I know this next part is going to sound like a movie lol.

So by buddy Main was our leader and who till this day is a very good friend of mine. Main was like 2yrs older than me and was a black kid that was built like a brick shit house at 14. In football he was so fucking fast and strong it was basically give Main the ball and score lol. Had 2 older brothers who were BIG TIME dudes. One is dead and the other is doing essentially life in the Feds. So anyway, our main rival club leader was a hispanic dude that was supposedly a tough SOB who was trained to box. Every week Main and this other leader were supposed to fight and it never happened. Always some excuse on their end because Main never had an excuse. So one week it finally happened, those 2 went at it and to say Main beat the dog shit out of him is an understatement. The fight didnt even last a minute and this dude was lumped the fuck up. Bleeding from his nose and his mouth and both eyes were swelling shut within minutes. That dudes uncle was one of those older gangbangers that told us to start this fighting shit weeks prior. He saw what happened and tried attacking Main immediately after his nephew got whooped. I kid you not, it was the same result except main knocked one of that dudes teeth out. After that, shit started getting crazy and gangs started getting involved.

giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So yesterday there was some talk about "coming from nothing". Myself and my brothers are a perfect example of that.

My Dad left my Mom when I was 3 or 4 if memory serves me right. My Dad was still gangbanging back then, the streets and smashing randoms was more important. I get it and dont hate him because that would make me a hypocrite. I've done it as well and my Wife and I have had our fair share of timeouts because of me. My Dad and I are super close these days and I havent talked to my cunt Mother in years.

My Mom tried but the fact of the matter is. She loved to party, drugs, alcohol and banging random dudes. For the most part she always worked either bartending or serving. But we never had a pot to piss in. It wasnt uncommon to not see her for a couple of days when we lived at my Grandma's in Wrigleyville back in the early 80's. It also wasnt uncommon to wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss or because we heard something and see her getting fucked in the front room by some dude I never seen before. Wake up in the morning and see coke or weed all over the table. My Grandma finally had enough of her shit and kicked us out in 1984. I remember it because the Cubs won the division that year and my Brothers and I at 9, 8 and 6yrs old walked over to Wrigley that night to see the celebration. We were kicked out before school started that Sept. At the time my Grandma and my Dad had us in Catholic school, they would split the cost.

Speaking of schools, my Brothers and I went to 5-6 different grammar schools (K-8th). I am a Freshman drop out, so essentially have an 8th grade education.
I went to 4 different HS's in 3 years and never once finished a full year of HS. One year I didnt go back after X Mas break, next year might have been T-Giving break and the 3rd year, I dont think I made it a month. 3rd year might have been when I knocked my Wife up. Mom would tell us to go to school, we would tell her to fuck off or we would go hide at Dunkin Donuts down the street. When she left for work, we would go back home. But mainly we just told her to fuck off.
I was never stupid at school, I was actually pretty damn smart when I applied myself.

After my G-ma kicked us out it was pretty much downhill from there. We literally moved once a year and lived in the shittiest neighborhoods on the North/West Side. Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Albany Park (which I still claim to this day) and Wrigleyville. Yes Wrigleyville was pretty shitty back then, huge gang/drug problems. We occasionally had roaches, mice and other shit at some of the apartments. When it was really infested we would leave all our furniture and shit there and my Mom would get shit donated from Catholic Charities for our next apartment. We were on welfare as far back as I can remember and was on it all thru HS as well. Food stamps, cash and medical card, we got it all. My Mom would sell the food stamps though when she needed money for drugs. Worst place we lived was a dope house that my Mom friend ran. 4 of us confined to 1 bedroom and literally at times had to piss and shit in a bucket as we werent allowed out of the room at times. Thats no BS! Other apartments, a lot of times we didnt have TP. So we were wiping our asses with newspaper that my Mom brought home or paper towels she stole from work.

So by 10yrs old, I was literally cooking dinner for my 2 brothers and I. Again, my Mom would sell her food stamps here and there. So Catholic Charities would bring us food every week or so. Powdered milk, big ass brick of government cheese, generic cereal, spam, and all kinds of nasty shit. My Brothers and I would get creative with that shit and make some pretty tasty shit lol. Our favorite was generic cheerios, topped with melted butter and sprinkled with sugar, lol. Grilled cheese with spam etc. Once a year we got to go out to dinner, get new shoes and a few outfits, that was when my Mom got her tax return. All other times, our clothes and shoes was from Amvets (2nd hand) or hand me downs from my Mom' friends. No matter what though, my brother thats 11 months younger than me. We both looked out for our younger brother and tried our best to keep him out of the below BS we did. We succeeded as he went on to have a 20+ year career in the Army.

At 10ish, I was starting to run the streets with my brother that is 11 months younger that me. We learned the game at a very young age and by 12 I was a active gang member. My brother thats 11 months younger was right behind me. Iirc, I was in jail for the 1st time at 11yrs old, might have been 12. By 16 my brother and I were arrested over 100 times each. I've been locked up twice in the same fucking day. Crimes ranged from petty theft, shootings, breaking into cars, stealing cars, drugs etc. I was selling weed by 14 and owned a car at 15 with no license. The big weed guy in the neighborhood took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. He truly taught me a lot, if it wasnt for him I'd have all types of gang tats like most of my friends. He kinda told me, actions speak louder than words. No need for all those tats to prove your loyalty to the mob. Till this day, he is still selling drugs and is a big time dude and still looks out for me, gives me advice if asked and a loan if needed lol. He is literally like a 2nd father to me and he grew up with my Dad. Him and I talk more than him and my Dad. He would sell me ounces of shake for $30-$50 (the dirt of lbs of weed). Him and my cousin taught me how to roll joints and told me to sell them 2 for $10 or 3 for $10. I forget as this is 30yrs ago. I was making a killing at 14 doing that shit. He also told me to get a job at a neighborhood pharmacy delivering prescription's. But also told me what pills to look for and steal and how many at a time without raising any eyebrows. So he was buying the pills from me or trading me shake.

Took me a couple hours to type this, and believe it or not, thats the short version lol. Had to edit and eliminate a bunch of shit that probably shouldnt be on a public forum.
So yeah, we had it bad. But we have friends who had it worse!

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Great read Shawn, and all that you have overcome turned into great success with your family and career! as I always say to people who are bitching about how they didn't grow up rich, or a good area, or no figure to look up to, etc... the only person to make your life better is yourself, that is if you want it.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You should think about doing motivational speeches for high schools.
Absolutely not lol. I have a hard time going into meetings with customers let alone talking in front of a bunch of kids.
My in person language skills arent the greatest, although they have gotten better since my boss passed away and I took over 5yrs ago next month.
I get tongue tied on here as well. I know what I want to say but dont know how to put it into words sometimes.

Reactions: GTPpower

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Great read Shawn, and all that you have overcome turned into great success with your family and career! as I always say to people who are bitching about how they didn't grow up rich, or a good area, or no figure to look up to, etc... the only person to make your life better is yourself, that is if you want it.
True to a point. I didnt do it all by myself, I had lots of help. Saying you "have to want to" as you said is more so how it goes.
The want to comes from someone kinda showing you the way, showing you there are better things in life to be had, and thats what these kids now a days need.
Better resources in shit neighborhoods would go a long way imo.

My FIL helped me get my first real job when I knocked up my Wife, he got me another job when I got my CDL and he helped in other ways over the years.

Guy that I mentioned showing me the ropes, really did take me under his wing and helped me get my shit together as I got older.

Last but not least, my boss that passed away 5yrs ago. He took a huge gamble on me 20yrs ago. He heard stories about me, knew I was a hot head and stubborn. One story he heard that was 100% true. I was driving for another furniture company, me and my helper got into a fight in the truck while driving on the Dan Ryan near 18th st. I'm talking throwing blows at each others face while I was driving a 26' truck. We both got in some good shots, pulled over on the shoulder, duked it out some more. He got the better of me, but I left his ass on the shoulder. Jumped in the truck, locked the doors and drove away. He actually brought that up in my interview, I admitted to it. Told him the guy was a temp from a temp agency and you get some shitty people from those places. Most are fresh out of prison, which this guy was. He must of saw something in me and gave me the break I needed and hired me.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Absolutely not lol. I have a hard time going into meetings with customers let alone talking in front of a bunch of kids.
My in person language skills arent the greatest, although they have gotten better since my boss passed away and I took over 5yrs ago next month.
I get tongue tied on here as well. I know what I want to say but dont know how to put it into words sometimes.
I am the same way. I sort of got over it since I am often in front of a webcam giving instructions for 30-50 people. The way I do it is that even if I don't know who they are I mentally picture them as all my friends and I'm just telling them a story. What makes it work over the webcam is that I can mute all those fucks so they can't interrupt me like people do in real life ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info