The Shawn1112 Show

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So on the advice of Mook Mook, I'll create this thread and add to it when I think about shit. Just a little bit about myself for those who dont know. Grew up in a 1 parent household, yes my Mom tried but not hard enough as she partied hard when we (myself and 2 brothers) were younger. Coke, alcohol, weed, acid, you name it, she has done it. Dad was was very rarely around as kids, he might have picked us up every 3 months to spend the weekend with him. Well that meant him picking us up Friday night and going straight to the bar till the bar closed. My Dad and uncles would feed us quarters all night to play video games in the bar. So by the time I was 10, I had seen more bar fights and knew how to handle myself more so in a bar fight than probably a 30yr old man. At 12 my Dad moved to Schaumburg with my step mom who he is still with. At 12, my Dad would throw me they keys to his car at 3am when the bar closed in the city and tell me get us home (Schaumburg). This was in any weather and my Dad drove straight up clapped out shit boxes. So those snowy nights were pretty fucking scary at 12.

So with that said, we (my brothers and I) pretty much were raised by the streets as we had no parental guidance at all. Myself and my brother thats 11 months younger than me were in a gang at 12yrs old, arrested for the first of multiple times at 12yrs old. We grew up in the shittiest neighborhoods on the north and west sides. Not easy in some of these hoods when your white. But we kept our younger brother out of that shit, we never ever once let him get involved with the gangbanging. Him and his friends did some dumb shit as well, but was like stealing candy or stealing movies from the movie store. Nothing anywhere near the capacity of crime by other brother and I were committing. My brother and I have spent numerous stays at 1100 s Hamilton (audi home) Juvenile detention center. Back then unless it was murder or rape, the most you did was 30 days, which was a fucking joke. Been to the County jail a few times, but always in and out on bond asap. Being that young I hung with a much older crowd, and had an older dude take me under his wings and show me the ropes per say. So I was always wise beyond my years.

So with all that out of the way. I have zero reason to lie to any of you, I'm not trying to impress anyone. Sometimes someone posts something then I post something similar that I have done. No, I'm not trying to one up you, but that persons particular story brings back old memories of something I did or seen growing up. I can honestly tell you I have either done it all or seen it all growing up, been around the block my fair share of times. Being older and wiser, I'm not proud of a lot of things I have done, and I'm not glorifying them even if it sounds like I am. Myself and buddies that I grew up with and are still tight with always say we wouldnt change a fucking thing, kind of wish a few of our guys that passed were still around, but it is what it is. Yes I still have buddies and blood family hanging in the hoods, calling shit for their hoods, selling drugs, shooting at people and getting shot at. Your probably thinking why am I still tight with these people when I have made it out of the hood and am doing well for myself and my family. Going thru the shit we did growing up, I will NEVER EVER turn my back on these dudes, because they would never turn their backs on me. I'm smart enough not too hang with a few of them out in public. Believe me I'm not trying to take a dome shot for someone else.

So I will update this thread anytime something on TCG makes me think of something we/I did growing up.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So here is the first story. Posted it yesterday when someone mentioned Chgo pizza being the best and this was the first thing that popped in my head.

I got in to a fist fight in New Jersey at like 3am arguing over pizza. Left some bar and walking back to our hotel we stopped for a slice of pizza. Took one bite and spit it out and said god does that taste like shit. Some dude from Jersey probably just as hammered as me and probably coming from the same bar asked who is better. I said any pizza joint in Chgo. More words were exchanged and then him and I just went at it.
My buddies and my Wife said it was the funniest shit, 2 drunk idiots trying to fight over pizza. Wound up stealing someones mountain bike that night as well, lol. It was sitting in front of the late night Philly Cheese Steak place. My buddies said I just jumped on it and rode it to the hotel.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Good shit man. But I thought there were no bad neighborhoods on the north side :s00ls:
Shiiiit. I'm talking all thru the 80's and 90's. But even today some North Side hoods are fucked up, Rodgers Park and Albany Park are fucking war zones right now. Last week 8 people shot and 2 dead on Lawrence in Albany Park

Cabrini Green was considered the North Side.
Wrigleyville was HORRIBLE in the 80's. First time I ever seen someone get shot was at Blaine School in Wrigleyville when I was probably 8yrs old.
Dude took a dome shot probably 25' from the monkey bars and I was on the monkey bars when it happened.
See another dude across the street from ST Andrews on Addison get beat to death with crow bars at bats.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So much for friendly confines of Wrigley... :D You're safer down on 35th and Shield's. :D
Not really dude, not sure how old you are. But Comisky like the Old Chgo Stadium had some of the worst projects in the city within a block or 2.
My Dad was working on the new SUX stadium when it was being built. He said they would come in on Monday mornings and a bunch of seats would have gun shots in them. They figured it was guys in the projects using high powered rifles from the roof tops and using the seats as target practice.

Reactions: v6buicks and Marko

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I know, I was joking about the stereotype of Wrigleyville being safe and that going to Comiskey meant you were gonna get shot if you were there an hour after the game was over.
In all honesty, you had a better chance of getting jumped if you were black or hispanic (more so black) at Comisky in the 80's and 90's.
Those Armour Sq Park Boys were some racist MFers, I knew 2 of them, Phil and Sal their Father was mobbed up with the Italians.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
How old were you when you procured your first hooker?
Dont recall exact age, but between 12-14. Madison and Ogden its a Salvation Army now but was like a factory back then iirc. Fat bitch probably older than my Mom at the time. Few older guys went first, then it was my turn. Was soooo fucking nervous I could not get a hard on. She said "come here baby, I'll make that MFer hard" and she did lol. After that I was hooked, the girls in our hoods wouldnt suck dick yet, but would fuck. So anytime we all had an extra $10, we went for blow jobs. Never stuck my dick in a hooker, just head

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This is extremely enjoyable. Thank you

????

You're welcome to visit down here any time, just don't bring that dude who was tossing grills at you and his old lady on your recent vacation

:rofl:
It was about 10 chairs and a planter. My Wife stopped him from throwing the grill lol.
But yeah, he was one of the ones I mentioned that I prefer not to be out in public with. If we are out in the burbs or out of the State/Country then we are fine. But being in public in the city with him, your a sitting duck lol.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Thanks for sharing your story. I am always interested to hear people’s backgrounds and were they come from. Good stuff, enjoy the stories.
I always thought when growing up everyones family was like my family, my parents friends families, and few friends families. From what I experienced, seen, heard, and more, I so wrong when I started working and hanging out with new friends and co workers outside of a 4 town radius where I lived.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shawn, I'm curious, what do you do for a living?
Clearly you do it well so major props to you for all you have accomplished and your ability to keep it real man.
Myself and a partner own a office furniture installation company. Been in the business close to 23yrs. Have worked both the Union side and non union side and have done both installing and delivering. My boss of 15-16yrs passed away 4 yrs ago Nov 1st. I was the Operations Manager for a good 10yrs prior to him passing. He had just begun in the last year of him around started teaching me the ins and outs of the company and how to quote jobs. Well he passed and my partner was his partner and is a silent partner and needs to stay silent. My partner doesnt know how to do dick as far as bidding jobs out etc. He gave me the opportunity to buy the company outright for $50k after my boss passed. I had no confidence in myself (I'm a HS drop out that was a freshman 3 straight years) so I pussied out. I had to learn billing, payroll, quoting jobs, etc all on my own and all on the fly, hence the reason I had no confidence in myself. First 12-18 months were brutal, literally would work from 6a-9p Mon-Fri just trying to figure shit out. I had no idea how to quote upholstery jobs. So I had to dig and dig thru old invoices to try and make out what he charged and why he charged XXXX amount of dollars. Had to do the same with installation work as he was all over the board on pricing. Then something else would come up and again would have to dig thru shit and try and make sense of it.

Fast forward to 2.5yrs later and we are doing great. Last 2yrs in a row I have tried buying my partner out as I can 100% handle everything thrown at me now. He has refused as we have both made some decent coin since my boss passed. I have a plan to get rid of him next April when our fiscal year ends, not going to publicly state what I'm going to do. But its going to boil down to a more than fair offer and he is going to be faced with take it and run, or get nothing at all and you still have to leave lol. Ive said it before and will say it again, if we were to lose our #1 customer, we would be in some serious shit. I'd probably survive but would require a major downsizing and me having to go back in the field to work.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Self made man. That's awesome dude, good for you!
I hope the split works out great and you blow that mfer up.
I'm only a salesman or 2 away from going back to being a 2.5 million per year company.
Silent partner has 51% so his word is the word, and he refuses to want to grow the company. He is content with what he makes because he has 3-4 other sources of income. His retirement pay from CFD is close to $120k a year, Wife is a full time nurse, owns several rental properties that are paid off and owns another installation company with his sons.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info