Site Sponsor The Saga continues, ECS VIN Replacement Decals

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Watching an episode of Graveyard Cars, Mark W was talking about all of the reproduction labels etc and how they get them from a company called ECS.
I browsed their website to see what it was all about.
Because the driver door had work done many moons ago, The stickers/ decal have seen better days. I'm always careful when drying the area after a wash as to not roll one of the curled edges.
With that said, I spent the money ( and there were many dollars spent ) on 3 replacement decals.

Old and bad:
1703449817418.png

9B1uv8B.jpg

87jPmjB.jpg

They did not come off well:
XEQU8qC.jpg

Stoner's Tarminator, wiped down with 50/50 Isopropyl alcohol, polished with Menzerna FG400 + Rupes fine polish ( via Rupes Nano iBrid 1" )
Wiped down 2x with CarPro Eraser:
OxGuy89.jpg

New decals ( yes the bottom one is off center with the middle one, I was trying to avoid them being too close to the bolt heads and the inner door seam on the bottom left )
axX81XW.jpg

The surrounding areas and underneath the door received 1 layer of GTechniq Exo V4:
OtKF5bj.jpg

cR1PiLI.jpg

vYsFmZy.jpg

m5Yby29.jpg

I think this should be the last of items on my list. But you never know.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
So what's the process here? Take pics and print them?
That is correct, another company is Auto Data Labels based out of New York State.

I did some work with Auto Data Labels on and off for a few years, take a picture of the label wouldn’t matter of it was a corner or a full label ripped apart from An accident, send it in with some car info and would have a label with in 48hrs where It would and could take months to get it from the dealer.

ECS and Auto data labels two that was given the okay by the government to print these labels and had a whole system documenting the process from start to finish and would be audited by the government monthly.

the fraud that could happen with vin swaps etc…

ECS is owned by a retired corporate mopar parts / service rep for the factory, when he was in that position dealer would be pissed as they couldnt get these labels in a timely manner, so when he retired he started his own label company lol . Just the owner of Spartech engine harness company for the LS harnesses, he was a gm engineer and retired and started modifying harness and building them.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
G GTvert90 thank you. And yeah, I prefer the informative format of the show versus him acting like a jackass but it's part of the show.

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ
Yep, took pictures, sent email and then called them to complete order/payment
It was a smooth transaction. They are in Missouri, so ordered Monday and received on Friday.
Fantastic experience on my end. They sent email confirmation, invoice and tracking immediately.
They sent a pen, jolly rancher, hard copy of invoice, quick books receipt and magnet with the order.

Reactions: Jon01 and DEEZUZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info