3800 The Road is still going...

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I have decided to keep the Grand Prix and throw a stock l67 longblock into it from Ed Morad. I guess you dont really know how knowledgable a person is and how much they want to help you out until you talk to them on the phone about your dilema. I have never talked to ED before other than a few Emails here and there... But we did talk on the phone and sorted things out with the engine.

I believe it is a 1999 l67 with 90kmiles on it... IT runs flawlessly as Ed says... EVERYTHING is bone stock on it.

However... i will not be having it stock when i put it in...

The parts i have laying around are:

TOG Headers (I dont have stock manifolds)
42.5lb injectors (i dont have stock)
DHP (I dont have stock)
Intake (I dont have stock)
Exhaust (why put on stock?)
180* tstat.

As of now.. after driving it stock for a while.. i plan on doing light mods.. such as a 3.4" then Rockers... all scanning with HEAVYKEVY's Ls1m (i sold it to him) to make sure i got no knock..

I will then put alky on it and hopefully should be in the 12s by then with some decent rubber and the obvious smaller (no kr) pulley.

Thanks guys for keepin my head up in this damn situation i am in. Especially thanks to Ed Morad.

Expect videos

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Im glad that you are keeping you car. 90K does seem a tad high on miles, but it was a stock 3.8 so it should be good. I have a 98 regal GS in my body shop with 178,500 miles on it and it runs perfect, except the oil pan and valve cover gaskets are leaking bad on it.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
90k is not high my car has 123k I had to rebuild the suspension but the motor runs like its brand new.. I even did a leakdown test :) I had a van I used to use for work that had like 380k on it... I beat the living piss out of that van all day long to.. like putting 5340 pounds in it and having it nailed all the way down the onramp to the highway.. :lolsign:

edit: I did manage to blow the T400 trans in the van tho.. er.. twice :lolsign:

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by gtphale@Nov 30 2005, 09:15 PM
to many tuning problems and its a band aid not a correct way to mod. Ash Nick what he thinks of Alky injection. You will hydro lock your motor with it.
[snapback]105487[/snapback]​

My car ran fine for the 3 days the w/i was functional. After inspecting parts from my original motor after #2 X-valve broke I'd think its safe to say w/i wasn't really a factor. Bottom line was my motor was on borrowed time because the PnP heads I bought weren't set up right during assembly. It gave up the ghost under a healthy shot of alky but only rolling into the throttle...not wot which tells me it a weak point was exposed. All the exhaust valves on both heads were loose and would wiggle in the guides..the intakes had no such slop. I should have caught on to this due to all the drivetrain noise my car made. I thought it was noisy injectors or the oversized valves but it was more than likely the loose X valves. The heads I'm running now were set up proper and don't make any noise at idle. I think w/i has its place as a poor man's i/c but I stress only use enough to kill the kr. I'm gonna try it again when the weather warms up and see how the motor likes it.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Dec 1 2005, 03:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gtphale
@Nov 30 2005, 09:15 PM
to many tuning problems and its a band aid not a correct way to mod. Ash Nick what he thinks of Alky injection. You will hydro lock your motor with it.
[snapback]105487[/snapback]​

My car ran fine for the 3 days the w/i was functional. After inspecting parts from my original motor after #2 X-valve broke I'd think its safe to say w/i wasn't really a factor. Bottom line was my motor was on borrowed time because the PnP heads I bought weren't set up right during assembly. It gave up the ghost under a healthy shot of alky but only rolling into the throttle...not wot which tells me it a weak point was exposed. All the exhaust valves on both heads were loose and would wiggle in the guides..the intakes had no such slop. I should have caught on to this due to all the drivetrain noise my car made. I thought it was noisy injectors or the oversized valves but it was more than likely the loose X valves. The heads I'm running now were set up proper and don't make any noise at idle. I think w/i has its place as a poor man's i/c but I stress only use enough to kill the kr. I'm gonna try it again when the weather warms up and see how the motor likes it.
[snapback]105573[/snapback]​
[/b]
thats true, im just trying to kill a few degrees of knock, ....speaking of my devil's own kit doesnt have any instructions, can anyone give me instructions or help put it on id like gp specific instrctions if anyone has any, or can think of how they did it, im tappin my tb if that helps
thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info