The Riots are out of Control

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
When I travel for work or meet new people and hear someone say “oh wow your from the Chicagoland area” “what a great city”

I know immediately they are not from around here nor ever lived here lol.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Lmmfao, again the media scares people away and others do blow shit way out of proportion. I’d consider myself civil in my older age, have a family and value life. I’m down there pretty much every single day and can’t wait to move back. Check the stats, shootings in the 90’s were just as bad as they are now, if not worse. I wanna say a year in the mid 90’s still has the record for the most homicides. I’ve mentioned it before, they prey on the weak and people who are usually alone. Its very rare to see or hear of a family with kids getting robbed, or shot in nice areas, like the loop, the zoo etc. I honestly can’t think of one in recent memory. If your from the inner city and your hanging out there, visiting family or whatever. Then yes you have a higher chance of being a victim of a violent crime. That’s like that in any big city.
Worse. We peaked in the late 80s/early 90s for shootings and murders. By a large margin. edit: I replied before reading your 4th sentence about the 90s lol

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
When I travel for work or meet new people and hear someone say “oh wow your from the Chicagoland area” “what a great city”

I get the opposite. When I meet people around the world, they gasp when I tell them I'm from the Chicago area. Almost universally they'll ask, "isn't it very dangerous?" or " aren't there shootings everywhere?"

They're surprised when I laugh and tell them it's mostly not that bad, other than some bad areas.... which are in fact like war zones. I also explain I'm a few miles outside if the city limits and the suburbs are nothing like the city itself.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I get the opposite. When I meet people around the world, they gasp when I tell them I'm from the Chicago area. Almost universally they'll ask, "isn't it very dangerous?" or " aren't there shootings everywhere?"

They're surprised when I laugh and tell them it's mostly not that bad, other than some bad areas.... which are in fact like war zones. I also explain I'm a few miles outside if the city limits and the suburbs are nothing like the city itself.
Usually I’m meeting business people and when they travel it’s all about the food, which I get we have kick ass food here. Like the type of people who freak out cuz they have a layover in ohare so that means they can stop and get nuts on Clark or popcorn lol

So when they say “Great city” they really mean they like food lol

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
I get the same response as Ryan, folks perceive Chicago as dangerous. I can tell you as an owner of a recruiting firm people don't want to move here because of the violence (and high taxes). But they dig the food scene.

I will say having lived on the N'side since 1989 it's the most dangerous feeling it's ever been.. right now. We've had 3 shootings a mile from me in the last 3 months.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I will say having lived on the N'side since 1989 it's the most dangerous feeling it's ever been.. right now. We've had 3 shootings a mile from me in the last 3 months.
That was a small gang war that has calmed down some since them. There were a hell of a lot more shootings in your neighborhood in the 90’s. Eagles and GDz were trying to kill each other all thru your area and the Kings hated both of them and tried killing both of them as well lol.

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
I've always lived around here, I was I guess oblivous to the the stuff going on in the 90s. But the recent shooting on Irving by Western, over on Melrose and the other one around here I could heard all of them.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
I get the same response as Ryan, folks perceive Chicago as dangerous. I can tell you as an owner of a recruiting firm people don't want to move here because of the violence (and high taxes). But they dig the food scene.

They don’t want to move here because it’s a shitty state

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

I play dayz (online game) with a guy from Lebanon. First thing he says when I say I’m from the Chicago suburbs is that he is scared of ever going to Chicago because it’s dangerous. Lol. This after he shows a video of his neighbors shooting AKs and an rpg into the air because they were able to get gasoline into the country.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Not too long ago, I worked with a guy who had immigrated from Korea with his wife to Chicago to work for our company.
Our office was in the loop area and he lived close enough to take the bus to work. He was ecstatic to finally be in America working at a tech job with an American company, which was his dream. He was a very smart guy, hard worker and easy to get along with.

He was with us for a little over two weeks when one day we noticed he didn't show up for work. We didn't think much of it at that moment, but after a few days, we became concerned. We couldn't get through to him on his phone and he wasn't answering e-mail. We finally had HR look into the matter and they couldn't get in contact with him either.

After a few more days, HR finally got a call from his wife. He had been killed in a mugging while on his way home from work. They took his phone, laptop and wallet, then shot him dead on the sidewalk. His wife was devastated and immediately moved back to Korea since she did not want to live in this country anymore after that.

I worked in the city for decades and watched it progressively turn into a bigger and bigger shit hole every year. I had my fair share of run-ins with low-lifes, including some close calls when working late at night. Saw some crazy shit too, like one guy defending himself with a gun against some nutjob who was trying to run him over with his car on Wells. Unfortunately, I took Metra to work and our building was a "gun free zone", so I couldn't carry a gun to work. All I had was a 2.5 inch, Chicago regulation length knife and some pepper spray. Almost used both many times, but thankfully never actually had to.

I'm glad to finally be out of there and will never go to Chicago again if I can avoid it.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
The gun free zones are bullshit. It only protects the criminal. An office building downtown I could understand you not bringing your gun. Could be to easy for one day someone to see it and poof your fired and in legal trouble. Beyond that carry anywhere. Most people I know do not follow those bullshit signs.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
As if my building's No Guns sign wasn't bad enough, we had active shooter drills a few times per year.
So, the drill was for everyone to pile into filing rooms and "hide". Yeah, great idea.
There is an active shooter, hell bent on killing everyone, so let's go into a filing room in the middle of the building which only has one entrance and be fish in a barrel, so we can all be picked off more easily. Who thinks up this shit?

If there was an active shooter, I'm saying adios and bugging the fuck out.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Leftists gonna left...

man this is a clickbait hit piece

someone made the gofundme, took a screenshot and then blasted gofundme before they removed it.

It is removed. It does not exist. Try it yourself. Even the link in the article is dead and they fail to mention it has been taken down.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Check the stats, shootings in the 90’s were just as bad as they are now, if not worse. I wanna say a year in the mid 90’s still has the record for the most homicides.
Kind of apples to oranges though.

I read an article a year or two ago, how Chicago's trauma centers are keeping a lot more gunshot victims alive. A lot of the medical advancements were due to the War on Terror trickling down into civilian trauma centers.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I believe it. Aurora police got a big bonus a few years ago because there were no murders in the city. The fire/EMS guys didn’t get shit and we’re pissed off because it wasn’t that there wasn’t any shootings, they just didn’t lose any of them.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
man this is a clickbait hit piece

someone made the gofundme, took a screenshot and then blasted gofundme before they removed it.

It is removed. It does not exist. Try it yourself. Even the link in the article is dead and they fail to mention it has been taken down.
Hey listen, I just report the news. I'm not saying that's legit, I'm just reporting that it is.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
That was a small gang war that has calmed down some since them. There were a hell of a lot more shootings in your neighborhood in the 90’s. Eagles and GDz were trying to kill each other all thru your area and the Kings hated both of them and tried killing both of them as well lol.
I always think the same thing when the Karens in the Streamwood FB page be like "It was never this bad here before, I think I heard a gun shot!"

Well then you werent here in the 90's when we were doing all kinds of stupid shit and there were shootings then too.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
I always think the same thing when the Karens in the Streamwood FB page be like "It was never this bad here before, I think I heard a gun shot!"

Well then you werent here in the 90's when we were doing all kinds of stupid shit and there were shootings then too.
That was probably just me smashing the carts into the building when I worked at Cubs. NFG. :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom