The Riots are out of Control

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
What area would that be?
The Austin area near oak park on the border. It’s not real bad, but they have been saying it’s gotten a lot worse these past years. Hearing gunshots closer etc, def a change over in the area from when they moved in like 28 years ago.

Chicago in general is not an overall nice city. People just think it’s nice because we have a bean and a few parks. Like it’s a dump

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I did get a hotdog with ketchup from a Mexican place near me. :rofl:

Was interesting and I did shit funny.
Reminds me of this dude Josh that hung out with us when we were younger. We all go to a Mexican place for dinner, he would order a hot dog or burger lmmfao.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The Austin area near oak park on the border. It’s not real bad, but they have been saying it’s gotten a lot worse these past years. Hearing gunshots closer etc, def a change over in the area from when they moved in like 28 years ago.

Chicago in general is not an overall nice city. People just think it’s nice because we have a bean and a few parks. Like it’s a dump
Austin is FUCKED UP but not on the southwest end near the Oak Park border. More so on the northern side of Austin. Oak Park is still very nice imo and has some gorgeous homes.

Chgo really is a beautiful city with a ton to offer outside of the stupid ass bean and other tourist shit.
The media likes to scare people away. I'd bet you just speaking statistically, you have a better chance winning the lotto than getting shot on the expressway or just driving down a city street.

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling home in Sunny Florida - Sarasota area

Austin has always been a tough area, no matter the year or decade, robbing and stealing like it’s nothing in the oak park area, use to watch people getting robbed while eating at the TGI fridays at night or getting on or off the blue line on lake and Harlem, and this was in the mid to late 90’s - early 00’s.

we use to listen to the police scanners for that area, for hit and runs, car chases off 294 etc.. where the cars would be dumped and left, depending on the car we would go and strip what we could from the cars before the tow drivers would show up or police to pick them up.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
we use to listen to the police scanners for that area, for hit and runs, car chases off 294 etc.. where the cars would be dumped and left, depending on the car we would go and strip what we could from the cars before the tow drivers would show up or police to pick them up.
Or you get friends with tow trucks to snatch them and bring them to wherever you want them. Thats big business now a days, 90% of tow trucks in the city are driven by thugs up to no damn good.

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Or you get friends with tow trucks to snatch them and bring them to wherever you want them. Thats big business now a days, 90% of tow trucks in the city are driven by thugs up to no damn good.
That also happened, was just trying not to share trade secrets lol.

chaser tow trucks are a big business for the tow driver, collision shops, storage yards, and cough cough Police. The amount of money they charge as a ransom lol. Insurance companies will pay it. I know a shop on Milwaukee near Pulaski that is a chaser storage yard, they roll in the money if insurance or out of pocket.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
That also happened, was just trying not to share trade secrets lol.

chaser tow trucks are a big business for the tow driver, collision shops, storage yards, and cough cough Police. The amount of money they charge as a ransom lol. Insurance companies will pay it. I know a shop on Milwaukee near Pulaski that is a chaser storage yard, they roll in the money if insurance or out of pocket.
Oh, your not telling me anything I don’t know. I have really good friends who chase. My guy that painted my Regal also has a yard that fits about 30 cars near Pulaski and Grand (by Jimmys). He has 6-7 chasers working for him. They just dump cars in his yard. He also owns a legit body shop and anally rapes insurance companies for the tows and storage.

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh, your not telling me anything I don’t know. I have really good friends who chase. My guy that painted my Regal also has a yard that fits about 30 cars near Pulaski and Grand (by Jimmys). He has 6-7 chasers working for him. They just dump cars in his yard. He also owns a legit body shop and anally rapes insurance companies for the tows and storage.
Only way for shops to make any money is to stick it to the insurance companies any way they can.

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
I love hearing those who criticize people for not wanting to be around the warzone that Chicago is.... Chicago has something like 4500 shootings SO FAR this year with 800 murders, on top of 1500 carjackings, hundreds of mass looting thefts, and much more violent occurrences. People do not want to be around that, especially civil people who have family and a life, and value that.

Some people act like others blow the problem out of proportion, but those numbers speak for themselves. It's a shithole, which is why businesses and people are fleeing in droves. It really is a shame because the city is a great place for all the culture it has to offer.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Rofl literally another shooting on the Dan Ryan an hour ago.

Oooooofffff lol.
Listen to some of the police scanners on any given night. Those shot spotters are going off easily every 30 minutes and way more in the summer. They stack armed robbery calls and carjackings they don’t even get to them for 20 minutes sometimes.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Listen to some of the police scanners on any given night. Those shot spotters are going off easily every 30 minutes and way more in the summer. They stack armed robbery calls and carjackings they don’t even get to them for 20 minutes sometimes.
There are good and bad areas, but lately those lines have seemed to blur a bit. Esp given the weak state of the government and esp the Chicago Mayor. I would just rather not venture into the city.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I love hearing those who criticize people for not wanting to be around the warzone that Chicago is.... Chicago has something like 4500 shootings SO FAR this year with 800 murders, on top of 1500 carjackings, hundreds of mass looting thefts, and much more violent occurrences. People do not want to be around that, especially civil people who have family and a life, and value that.

Some people act like others blow the problem out of proportion, but those numbers speak for themselves. It's a shithole, which is why businesses and people are fleeing in droves. It really is a shame because the city is a great place for all the culture it has to offer.
Lmmfao, again the media scares people away and others do blow shit way out of proportion. I’d consider myself civil in my older age, have a family and value life. I’m down there pretty much every single day and can’t wait to move back. Check the stats, shootings in the 90’s were just as bad as they are now, if not worse. I wanna say a year in the mid 90’s still has the record for the most homicides.

I’ve mentioned it before, they prey on the weak and people who are usually alone. Its very rare to see or hear of a family with kids getting robbed, or shot in nice areas, like the loop, the zoo etc. I honestly can’t think of one in recent memory. If your from the inner city and your hanging out there, visiting family or whatever. Then yes you have a higher chance of being a victim of a violent crime. That’s like that in any big city.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Damn... Chicago murders in 2021 really are on pace to be near the worst years ever in the mid 90's. 774 year to date murders will put them over 800 when the year is done.

I didn't realize it had gotten that bad.

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
Shawn.... Its a fucking warzone. 🤣

Murders are hovering around record highs, yes the 90s still hold the record, but it's very close. Shootings in general will set a record this year, same with carjackings and robberies, because we have an incompetent administration and police force running around doing nothing about it. That fuels criminals. This isn't rocket science, it's reality.

People are freaking out because they have a reason to. It's not blown out of proportion. The city is a fucking mess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom