🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
This pass yet?

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Just uncheck all the systems/codes not ready you see in the HPT scanner.

Use the editor to uncheck the SES and MIL codes then rewrite the tune. They are all listed under the ENG DIAG tab on HPT editor. All in alphabetical and number order. I had to disable the P1400 code on my last cat to hide the ECM unlock from the dealer. Worked like a charm.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
It’s a bit more complicated because you’ll need to be able to read the tune that’s in there and edit it. Assuming you have the credits for it on your HPT account/device. I owned all the credits for mine when Satera did it since it was all remote. I had to have my own HPT setup.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I think that’s his problem isn’t it? The readiness states are tripping it.
They are just reading the temp/conditional and perm codes that are relevant to emissions. You can hide those codes from ever being displayed. And I’m not talking about check engine triggering codes. After a reflash you would see a laundry list of random codes from all the ecm/tcm/bcm lost comms as well as many others from when the flash was happening. Most are temp codes but some are perm and need to be cleared or disabled. Luckily you can do that with HPT. I had my car clean and it passed a dealer scan when I took it in for warranty work. Generally with the hellcat there are perm stored codes like P1400 anytime you disconnect and alter the PCM like unlocking it for a tune. Those never go away unless you disable the code from being able to be displayed.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
They are just reading the temp/conditional and perm codes that are relevant to emissions. You can hide those codes from ever being displayed. And I’m not talking about check engine triggering codes. After a reflash you would see a laundry list of random codes from all the ecm/tcm/bcm lost comms as well as many others from when the flash was happening. Most are temp codes but some are perm and need to be cleared or disabled. Luckily you can do that with HPT. I had my car clean and it passed a dealer scan when I took it in for warranty work. Generally with the hellcat there are perm stored codes like P1400 anytime you disconnect and alter the PCM like unlocking it for a tune. Those never go away unless you disable the code from being able to be displayed.

Hmmmmmm I did buy credits, I'll maybe have to look into this if I cannot get my monitors ready.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Hmmmmmm I did buy credits, I'll maybe have to look into this if I cannot get my monitors ready.
Just use the HPT scanner and read all the codes. Take a pic of them. Then using the editor read your tune and go into the eng diag section and uncheck them. Then write the tune back. That should kill them. Like I said I did that with the p1400 code and fooled the dealer thinking it was still stock.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
This thing sold yet?

Negative ghost rider! I was offered $40K yesterday, some people have asked to negotiate and I said ok what are you offering [crickets chirping], and I have a guy that wants the car super bad and “pulling together money”. We’ve already negotiated the price, he’s just got to bring the cash, and it’s all his.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Negative ghost rider! I was offered $40K yesterday, some people have asked to negotiate and I said ok what are you offering [crickets chirping], and I have a guy that wants the car super bad and “pulling together money”. We’ve already negotiated the price, he’s just got to bring the cash, and it’s all his.
In my experience with selling cars online. If someone needs to "pull the money together" its a good chance he is blowing smoke up your ass.
You either have it or you dont. Or they are trying to sell something else to fund the new purchase. I sold my 08 Jeep SRT and my 14 Jeep SRT online for good amounts of money. Also sold a few others for $15k or under. I heard the "pull the money together" several times and none panned out. You will know when someone is serious, there wont be no stories or excuses.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
In my experience with selling cars online. If someone needs to "pull the money together" its a good chance he is blowing smoke up your ass.
You either have it or you dont. Or they are trying to sell something else to fund the new purchase. I sold my 08 Jeep SRT and my 14 Jeep SRT online for good amounts of money. Also sold a few others for $15k or under. I heard the "pull the money together" several times and none panned out. You will know when someone is serious, there wont be no stories or excuses.

Oh I know, I’m not holding my breath on that one ? If he has it great, if not no biggie. Definitely not holding the car for him.

Thread Info