🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Passenger side complete, just need to do drill some pieces off of the stock front cradle bushings so I can put the BMR lockout kit on. Then once I get a replacement shock everything can go back up, and I can install the trailing arms.

Also need to paint these rear rotor hats, terrible!

D9235978-357F-4D18-B6CE-011CA8BE0122.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
All those parts look almost as good as the BMR stuff. Good job Jimbo keep the updates coming!

Passenger side complete, just need to do drill some pieces off of the stock front cradle bushings so I can put the BMR lockout kit on. Then once I get a replacement shock everything can go back up, and I can install the trailing arms.

Also need to paint these rear rotor hats, terrible!
Powder coat!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
All those parts look almost as good as the BMR stuff. Good job Jimbo keep the updates coming!

Powder coat!

Thanks Jeff!

The lockout kit is from BMR, that's about all I am willing to run from them at the moment.

Where you going to for alignment once all the goodies are in?

I am going to get it as close as possible with my electronic angle finder and then probably head to Rodger's ( SRT41320 SRT41320 ) shop in Lake in the Hills.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Lockout kit ready to go, had to remove a tab that was pressed onto the steel portion of the bushing. Instructions called for drilling the tab out from the side which are bullshit directions ? After wasting time for 30 minutes going nowhere fast doing that, I busted out the grinder made a relief cut and then used an adjustable wrench to grab on and bend it off. Had to trim a little excess rubber off and now she’s good to go.

4DE2DFD8-73EF-4270-A1B2-BD9E6A1244D2.jpeg

CCD0D6A5-357C-4507-A7B4-3F3076FB080F.jpeg

1210E40B-FBAC-4C05-93BE-CF38A41D92E4.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
nice work, this thing is going to be a whole new animal

Thanks Brett! I’m super stoked to feel the improvement, it is supposed to make a big difference.

Your attention to detail is incredible Jimbo wish u did side jobs . I have zero patience for working on cars

Thanks John! I actually do some side work from time to time. I’m not a fan of doing everyday repair work, but if there is something you want done we can talk. ?

Reactions: The Beast

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Man that does look like an expensive shock! Didn’t realize this had adaptive shocks.

What’s wrong with bmr? Must have missed it

Yeah it is not cheap, and the car does come with adaptive suspension.

BMR I ordered some stuff from and the parts arrived without any of hardware. The box looked like a pack of dogs had been chewing it. They should pack their stuff better, my bigger issue is then choosing to ignore emails to replace the hardware. Then I saw some Hellcat folks that were running their control arms and they failed.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Thread Info