🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
You can only pick 2 of the 3. That's how this works

giphy.gif

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Paper mache is light!

I mean so is chrome-moly compared to mild steel. But max weight savings engage!

In my haste to pull the subframes out of the box I missed the trans cross member. So the subframes are even less! The chromoly is light for sure!

The front and rear strut tower braces never showed up today. Hopefully tomorrow.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Kelly Aiken doesnt work for them anymore but that guys a clown too.
Now that he doesn't work for BMR, he definitely comes off as an asshole, but mostly because people are morons I believe. When he was employed by BMR, he was pretty damn helpful and would share pretty valuable info to the community and would always answer questions. He's who I got the idea of through bolting my rear diff and also pretty sure I used his alignment specs. Will also make sure to dial in the pinion angle when I get a 1 piece driveshaft because of him. I figured with an IRS car, there was no need to set pinion angle or even the proper way to do it. Kelly has made a few posts on the subject due to guys losing aftermarket driveshafts on these cars at high speed.

Clown or not, the guy knows his shit and BMR needs to get him back at least to handle customer relations. The Dion guy that replaced him is one step above worthless...

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
He's who I got the idea of through bolting my rear diff and also pretty sure I used his alignment specs. Will also make sure to dial in the pinion angle when I get a 1 piece driveshaft because of him. I figured with an IRS car, there was no need to set pinion angle or even the proper way to do it. Kelly has made a few posts on the subject due to guys losing aftermarket driveshafts on these cars at high speed.

Are guys experiencing vibration at high speeds with one piece driveshafts on the S550 platform? It is a common problem with the Hellcat guys, curious if it is coming from the same idea.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Now that he doesn't work for BMR, he definitely comes off as an asshole, but mostly because people are morons I believe. When he was employed by BMR, he was pretty damn helpful and would share pretty valuable info to the community and would always answer questions. He's who I got the idea of through bolting my rear diff and also pretty sure I used his alignment specs. Will also make sure to dial in the pinion angle when I get a 1 piece driveshaft because of him. I figured with an IRS car, there was no need to set pinion angle or even the proper way to do it. Kelly has made a few posts on the subject due to guys losing aftermarket driveshafts on these cars at high speed.

Clown or not, the guy knows his shit and BMR needs to get him back at least to handle customer relations. The Dion guy that replaced him is one step above worthless...

Im not going off when he worked with BMR im going off the forums and pages hes on including looking his own FB and a few other Mustang sites.

The guys bitter as fuck BMR punted him because his mouth got him in trouble now he acts like a jackass. If his BMR reputation was good hes thrown that out the window by now.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Are guys experiencing vibration at high speeds with one piece driveshafts on the S550 platform? It is a common problem with the Hellcat guys, curious if it is coming from the same idea.
It seems certain companys have vibration issues with the most common being DSS.
If they are not clocked right yes they vibrate.
Please explain the correct way to clock a brand new driveshaft? A properly balanced driveshaft should install in any position and not vibrate.

It IS good practice to mark the clocking of the stock driveshaft just in case you need to reinstall, but even that should install in any position and not vibrate.
Im not going off when he worked with BMR im going off the forums and pages hes on including looking his own FB and a few other Mustang sites.

The guys bitter as fuck BMR punted him because his mouth got him in trouble now he acts like a jackass. If his BMR reputation was good hes thrown that out the window by now.
I don't recall BMR punting him and I'm pretty sure he left to pursue another career opportunity. If BMR punted him and he was bitter, why does he still use BMR and back their product? Did Kelly insult you for being a dumbass on Facefuck? Because that's what seems to have happened here...lol. Like I said, he acts like a dick now, because he's not paid for customer relations and people on Facebook/internet are complete fucktards. All you have to do is read some of your own posts! haha

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
It seems certain companys have vibration issues with the most common being DSS.

Please explain the correct way to clock a brand new driveshaft? A properly balanced driveshaft should install in any position and not vibrate.

It IS good practice to mark the clocking of the stock driveshaft just in case you need to reinstall, but even that should install in any position and not vibrate.

I don't recall BMR punting him and I'm pretty sure he left to pursue another career opportunity. If BMR punted him and he was bitter, why does he still use BMR and back their product? Did Kelly insult you for being a dumbass on Facefuck? Because that's what seems to have happened here...lol. Like I said, he acts like a dick now, because he's not paid for customer relations and people on Facebook/internet are complete fucktards. All you have to do is read some of your own posts! haha

:LOL::ROFLMAO: Lol give zero shits what he says just look at his own page too.

Yes people are idiots on all the mustang pages too.

I have never contacted him for anything just come across him on multiple sites.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
:LOL::ROFLMAO: Lol give zero shits what he says just look at his own page too.

Yes people are idiots on all the mustang pages too.

I have never contacted him for anything just come across him on multiple sites.
Man, this guy really hurt your feelings! haha

Anyways, can you please discuss proper clocking of an aftermarket DS?

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

Thread Info