🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Injectors are out of the car, looks like there may be something stuck on the bottom of injector #7. I barely grabbed it with some tweezers, but couldn’t yank it out. You can kind of see it in this pic.

View attachment 60348
Looks like time for new injectors and some prayers. I'm sure you know you need to change the oil with that massive amount of fuel that was dumped on the piston/pistons. Good luck man..?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
weird. Is it part of the injector

I am not sure, the only thing I can think of is it is part of the new fuel rail I had on the car a couple of months ago. That’s the only thing I can think of.

Looks like time for new injectors and some prayers. I'm sure you know you need to change the oil with that massive amount of fuel that was dumped on the piston/pistons. Good luck man..?

I’m going to see if I can see if these can be cleaned and still flow well. Oil change is for sure on my radar! Thanks Jeff!

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I would think it has to be the internals of the injector. Most fuel injectors have a filter basket in the top side which would catch something like that. I'd consider sending it back to the manufacturer to let them determine what happened. Definitely wouldn't want to use that injector again even if you could just the piece out.

I'm also very surprised a stuck open injector could hydrolock a motor. I had stuck open injectors before and there just was raw fuel coming out the exhaust. The excess fuel would be pushed out every exhaust stroke. I guess with oversized injectors for E85, low rpm for time to flow and a small enough combustion chamber volume, it's possible.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I would think it has to be the internals of the injector. Most fuel injectors have a filter basket in the top side which would catch something like that. I'd consider sending it back to the manufacturer to let them determine what happened. Definitely wouldn't want to use that injector again even if you could just the piece out.

I'm also very surprised a stuck open injector could hydrolock a motor. I had stuck open injectors before and there just was raw fuel coming out the exhaust. The excess fuel would be pushed out every exhaust stroke. I guess with oversized injectors for E85, low rpm for time to flow and a small enough combustion chamber volume, it's possible.

Well KOEO the fuel pump runs right? Fuel is just running through getting into cylinder

Reactions: b4black

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

I appreciate the insight, I’ll just bite the bullet and purchase new injectors.

When the car was running in the garage I did blip the throttle a little to see how she would react, I didn’t change anything so I keyed off right away. That could be why fuel was still dumping into the cylinder. I am running a pretty big dual pump setup as well.

Reactions: b4black

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Let’s get this party started.

5112FE6E-3674-4D64-B5F0-9D72F1A0F84B.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Sticking with fic or doing 1300x

I am going to stick with the FIC 1200’s since they are what the car was tuned with and much cheaper.

Thanks for posting the link to those, I saw those yesterday. The guy seems kind of shady, I’ve seen him selling a bunch of different injectors over the past couple of months. He DM’ed me about my Demon injectors and seemed a bit flaky. I am just going to buy directly from FIC.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Oil drained from the motor and oil cooler, there was probably 1/3 quart of E85 in the oil. Created a little trap door to access the oil cooler because I am sick of removing 15 fasteners to get to it. New oil filter on, ordered 28 quarts of oil for the car because it was on sale at Napa for $6 a quart! Ordered new plugs and will order new injectors tomorrow.

Thread Info