🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
All of the plugs are out, all electrodes were dry except for the back 2 driver’s side cylinders, where the electrodes on all 4 plugs were soaked in fuel. Car turns over easily by hand which is encouraging. I’ll see what the cylinders looks like tomorrow when my inspection camera comes in.

Reactions: m_dogg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Kept turning the motor over and found fuel in #7!

235EA21E-B98F-433E-A555-90C25088E76E.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Best case and worst case. What would cause fuel like that in there

Like DEEZUZ DEEZUZ said stuck injector. I bought them used and never had them checked, probably should have. Best case is I swap out the injectors and the cars runs fine. Worst case is the motor is fookEd.

Gotta be stuck injector.

Not too familiar with GDI but in diesel world it melts the cylinder down, similar to sticking a blow torch in the hole....

Gasser I don't know if it does that, definitely could, bend a rod

I am hoping that’s not the case, the motor didn’t lock up when the engine was running. It was definitely running like shit because of all of the fuel dumping into the cylinder.

Reactions: Shawn1112

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Jammed some shop towel down each spark plug hole on 5/7 and turned the motor over to push as much fuel up as possible to soak up into the towels.

Need to figure out how to get the car up to change the oil, don’t have a jack that can get under her. Or I might need some help to push her fat ass onto some ramps ?

Thread Info