🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I was having some trouble getting the blower off of the car so I yanked it off like a caveman and then soon realized I forgot to unplug a sensor off the of the backside of the blower......WHOOPS :angrys00ls: I ended up ripping the wire right out of the female connector.

F68A022C-637F-45CE-A2F9-BAD64F8B5848.jpeg

There was no good way to salvage the connector, so I looked to see if Mopar offered it and they didn’t. I ended up scouring the internet and found a very similar Delphi connector to the one that I FUBARed. I ordered them up with some wire to extend what I screwed up with all the proper bullshit that goes inside.

E31FC20F-D5CB-42AE-8900-1A73D6B5E3B7.jpeg

The connector wasn’t perfect as the Mopar piece had some proprietary bullshit fins on it, but that was easily taken care off. Shaved off the fins with a razor knife and I was back in business!

Reactions: Shawn1112

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I got the car all put back together and that is when Mook Mook took the famous pic, this was October 15th. I was originally going to go with Barth and I reached out to him...the guy never even responded back to me. It pissed me off and I was thinking if I can't get you to contact me back about tuning my car then how is it going to be when you already have my money.

0377D7F2-1D2A-4C70-92F9-CD883EF5F4F0.jpeg

I chose Curt Dusterhoff to do the tuning on the car and the guy has been awesome. The guy is out of Georgia and has a great name in the Mopar community, and so the car is being remote tuned via HPT. Did my initial log which was around 10 miles of street driving. Immediately I have an issue after I send the log to Curt, the car is not registering fuel pressure. I knew it had to be the from the wiring I fucked up, but I don't know what the exact issue was. I was confident in my soldering work and I verified like 10 times that the wiring was correct (correct wire in the correct pin location) based on the wiring diagram from Mopar. Curt was tuning a guy who worked for Dodge out in PA that had the same exact issue as me, so he hooked me up with him. I ended up finding out that Dodge had the incorrect wiring diagram out there for that part, the wiring was backwards :mad::mad: I pulled apart the connector and swapped the 1st and 3rd position wires, finally the car was reading the correct fuel!

8C09579E-B94E-4DD6-8540-0B15BCB6E693.jpeg

I did another 10 miles easy driving log, everything looked kosher. Got the go ahead to do a 4th gear pull WOT from 1,500-4K rpm. All looked good, got the green light to do a full WOT pull in 4th gear. Did that pull and the car pulled HARD. Sent the logs into Curt and we had another problem.....injector duty was very high above 95% and with Demon injectors it was not supposed to be that high. Curt suspected the stock fuel pump was going, so I told Curt that I was going to shelf the car for the winter and then we would revisit this spring.

DCA96F31-1CFE-4D54-B866-13E40B83B574.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Fast forward to the winter I make the decision to slightly change the setup. Rather than throw a BAP on the stock pump and play with fire or buy another stock pump to only have it fail down the road, I decided to go with a bad ass dual pump setup by Injected Engineering. I found a barely used one and saved myself $300 vs new. Still having some time I was looking for used injectors to pop up, sure enough a set of Fuel Injector Clinic 1200cc injectors popped up for sale, I also saved about $300 on those vs new as well. I am now pot committed to running the almighty corn. I contacted Curt and told him about the switch and he cut me a deal on his Flex Fuel tune since we never even completed the pump gas tune. I didn't document the pump install, but it was fairly simple. The video below was right after I completed the pump install.

Stock pump BOOOOOOOOOO!

13AC918A-4103-4703-B0A7-4AFD89F11419.jpeg

Gasohol Setup, LOVE IT!

5BD0BE5A-BFB6-4206-82EF-73DB05800985.jpeg

Big Daddy Injectors!

1C607069-59A6-4B39-95A3-8F02BEB302DF.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Starting doing logs again for the Flex Fuel tune. Started off with pure corn....ran through the 10 mile drive, then the 4th gear 1,500-4K WOT hit, and then 4th gear WOT full pull. Everything looks great.

Car has about a 1/4 tank of corn in her and then I fill the tank to about half with 93, do some more logs. Everything looks great.

Run that tank to almost gone, fill up half way with 93, and run that almost out to make sure there really are no more remnants of corn in the system. Fill up full tank of fresh 93 and start the logging again. Get to the 4th gear WOT hit and during the pull my fuel pressure sensor shits the bed around 6K rpm :mad::mad: Injector duty on the run shot through the roof and I was getting a bunch of knock retard.

I can't order up just the fuel pressure sensor for the car, so I have to buy a whole new set of fuel rails with the sensor :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That shit comes in and I swap it out really quick. I start logging from the 10 mile drive again to make sure the car isn't fooked. Car is running well, get the final pull done and send the logs in. Get a message back that I am getting knock from 6,200-redline. Tuner is worried something is wrong with the motor :oops::oops:

I pull all 16 plugs on this fat bitch to make sure everything looks ok. This job is a major PITA on these cars, took me like 3-4 hours. Plugs look good, so then I am thinking maybe I picked up some bad fuel from Shell. I run out my current tank and refill with some BP 93. I do another pull and I am still seeing KR! I am getting super frustrated, Curt tells me to get the car up in the air and look over the exhaust because he is very confident in his knock sensor settings. He has seen cars pick up knock for exhaust making contact under the car. Sure as shit the catback was making contact on the driver's side trunk area.

So I pull the exhaust off of the car which was a lot of fun, thank god for a map gas torch and beer. I get the car back together with proper clearances everywhere and go datalog some pulls to see if I am picking up any KR. That did the trick, the KR was gone! What a fucking sense of relief, I thought there was a strong possibility my motor was hurt.

I wrapped up some 1st through 3rd WOT pulls on 93 and everything looked good, no KR.

So where I sit today is I need to do some 1st through 3rd WOT pulls on corn and then I will be done. The car is an animal, a bit of a handful with the manual, but I love it. It absolutely shreds the tires and pulls hard. I don't have final dyno numbers yet, but it should put down around 810 rwhp. Super happy with the car even though it felt like she was fighting me the whole way. Very thankful that I was using such an awesome tuner.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Barth is a goon. He's hurt more than a few HC motors.
Show me a tuner who hasnt, and if he says he hasnt he is lying. Its part of the game. Most people that pop a motor always blame their tuner.
Not trying to shit on Greasy's thread, but there is a reason why Barth in considered one of the best in the game.
Dusterhoff is just as good, but has better customer service manners.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Says "Im keeping it stock"

24 posts later....

:s00ls:

It is still stock in my mind. All of these Coyotes trying to be picking on my stock Hellcat.

Show me a tuner who hasnt, and if he says he hasnt he is lying. Its part of the game. Most people that pop a motor always blame their tuner.
Not trying to shit on Greasy's thread, but there is a reason why Barth in considered one of the best in the game.
Dusterhoff is just as good, but has better customer service manners.

You aren't shitting, it is all conversation. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
How do you think an 800rwhp S550 (stick) would stack up against your car as it sits?
My car is probably sitting right around 825ish rwhp right now. We did a little 3rd and 4th gear pull and was extremely close. I was inching on him at best.
Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC 's car is that exactly and we had a run on the highway. We were very close.
Next time we go out we gotta do a roll from like 40 to get a longer run in! You order that 2.6 pulley yet? lol

Reactions: greasy and cdh027

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My car is probably sitting right around 825ish rwhp right now. We did a little 3rd and 4th gear pull and was extremely close. I was inching on him at best.

Next time we go out we gotta do a roll from like 40 to get a longer run in! You order that 2.6 pulley yet? lol

Fuck the 2.6.

I am going 2.5.....ported snout and TB......ported bearing plate........killer chiller.

Thread Info