🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Just finished the install of the Per4mance Development DIRS differential brace. Install was SUPER EASY, probably took me about 30 minutes tops. It is a pretty damn pricey piece, but what a difference it makes. I went out and did some quick test hits it keeps the rear much straighter and more planted.......which was on cold, somewhat wet pavement, and balding Toyos

View attachment 55025View attachment 55027
Best diff brace out there for these cars?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Best diff brace out there for these cars?

You know it Jeff!

Get a new DS yet? That twists like a paper straw under hard launches.

A driveshaft is in the plans, but I am not worried about it at the moment. I haven't heard of driveshafts twisting on the street which is where this car will be driven 99% of the time right now. There is no way I'll be dead hooking on the street with this car and it is on stock power. I have no plans to be hitting up the track until I get that piece and they are not cheap ~ $1K+. There have been a lot of units out there that have been experiencing vibrations so I am following some newer products like the Wiles 4" piece to see if the vibration issue has been resolved.

I don't run out and buy parts because that's what everyone does or says to do. I do my research and purchase parts as it will enhance driving performance and prevent failure as needed.

Reactions: frank

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You know it Jeff!

I have no plans to be hitting up the track until I get that piece and they are not cheap ~ $1K+. There have been a lot of units out there that have been experiencing vibrations so I am following some newer products like the Wiles 4" piece to see if the vibration issue has been resolved.
Is there still vibration issues with the DS driveshafts? I had absolutely none on my HC and I thought that issue was resolved.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Is there still vibration issues with the DS driveshafts? I had absolutely none on my HC and I thought that issue was resolved.

Yeah it seems like the issue is it is very difficult to balance anything that falls under 4”. Someone just got a Wiles 4” aluminum and has had very positive feedback on it so far.

I almost snagged a carbon fiber QA1 piece that was being sold in the forums for a steal, but it was for an auto.

Reactions: Shawn1112

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Just finished the install of the Per4mance Development DIRS differential brace. Install was SUPER EASY, probably took me about 30 minutes tops. It is a pretty damn pricey piece, but what a difference it makes. I went out and did some quick test hits it keeps the rear much straighter and more planted.......which was on cold, somewhat wet pavement, and balding Toyos

View attachment 55025View attachment 55027

That brace is king, love it.

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Looks like a stout piece.

It looks like it keeps the stock bushing. Was there much increase in NVH?

So there are 2 pieces to the unit, one piece attached directly to the diff and reinforces it and the second piece attaches to the cradle. Both pieces are connected via that large bolt and the stock style bushing. It works really well and there is no NVH that I can tell. Car feels way more planted and stable.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Finally some sun for some pics for the finished product.

2847798A-CDD9-4664-BAA5-35DBB122240C.jpeg

AEC10E55-3846-445C-A68F-B1C1F8DC05D4.jpeg

Thread Info