🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1quick and greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Jim, you have a talent for finding wheels to fit ( no pun intended ) your vehicles.
what is your hourly rate ?
would like to find something for a 22 year old f body ?

Thanks Gav! I don't have an hourly rate, but I do obsess over the looks and do a ton of research. You don't like you current wheels?

That does look good tho. Now wash it and get it out in some sunlight!!

I know I know, I am embarrassed!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Make sure you get that camber sorted especially in the rear. Just looking I can tell there is quite a bit of negative. You'll want it as close to 0* as possible for the best straight line traction.

Yup that's what all those fancy, red anodized rear suspension parts are for! Once camber gets close to zero, very well may have to slightly raise the rear of the car.

Reactions: IDAFC21

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Do you have the little adapter to put on the end of the torque wrench? You'll need it for the rear Sonnax U-joint.

(I think 13mm is correct, but confirm)
View attachment 82780
And make sure the front U-joint doesn't bump the bottom of the shifter. I had to grind a lot off and still shim the crossmember.

They are actually 10mm - 12 point bolts.

I remember your issues from your install with accessing the bolts so I ordered the torque adapter and a 10mm universal joint socket from Matco this morning! It seems like everyone has this issue with M6. Do you have any pics of where you grinded your shifter at? How thick of shims did you use on the crossmember?

1614974957418.png

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
For the shims, washers work well. They need to be a larger than a quarter in outer diameter. I found some metric washers that had a smaller ID hole that worked perfectly. I used one per spot (four spots), two might be OK.

The shifter starts out flat along the bottom and I knocked off the front and rear corners with a die grinder. In neutral it was OK. 5th and 6th (forward and back) seemed to be the worst.

With my Wiles, it was the weld bead in the way. With the CCI, it will hit the U-joint body.

IMG_1944.JPGIMG_1945.JPG

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
For the shims, washers work well. They need to be a larger than a quarter in outer diameter. I found some metric washers that had a smaller ID hole that worked perfectly. I used one per spot (four spots), two might be OK.

The shifter starts out flat along the bottom and I knocked off the front and rear corners with a die grinder. In neutral it was OK. 5th and 6th (forward and back) seemed to be the worst.

With my Wiles, it was the weld bead in the way. With the CCI, it will hit the U-joint body.

View attachment 82786View attachment 82787

Good information, this will help!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
When you get the car aligned you're going to have to have them do it with your fat ass in the trunk to simulate launching to make sure that the rear camber is at 0 while under power.... 0 camber while static doesn't equate to zero while Under full torque load.

At your power level though you might want to bulk up on a few cheeseburgers first

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i have a buncha old penthouses that have enough pages not stuck together to get them tires to tuck a bit more if ya stack em and set it down, keep it warm and the paints that newer water based shit so it should still be flexible
A lot of the new cars don’t have a lip to need rolling the mustang fenders are already rolled from the factory

Reactions: greasy

Thread Info