🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Not that it probably matters but I had a 1 piece DSS in my Hellcat when I had it. I am not saying this is the fix as they wouldn’t confirm but I did have a slight vibration (nothing major). My gap between the joint was on the short end. In my eyes if am forcing and compressing it could add some angle to the joint causing some minor whipping action. I had our machine shop turn down the length of the DS adapter, lengthening the distance at the joint. Shaft went in a lot nicer and it seemed too fix the vibration from what I remember. I only say from what I remember because I was having other issues that kept my focus. I did sell the driveshaft and that person never complained.

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Not that it probably matters but I had a 1 piece DSS in my Hellcat when I had it. I am not saying this is the fix as they wouldn’t confirm but I did have a slight vibration (nothing major). My gap between the joint was on the short end. In my eyes if am forcing and compressing it could add some angle to the joint causing some minor whipping action. I had our machine shop turn down the length of the DS adapter, lengthening the distance at the joint. Shaft went in a lot nicer and it seemed too fix the vibration from what I remember. I only say from what I remember because I was having other issues that kept my focus. I did sell the driveshaft and that person never complained.

I appreciate the feedback. A one piece is probably going to be the answer. I am just going to accept it ? I think part of the problem from everything I am reading maybe to cradle being a little too sloppy. I am hoping the cradle lockout kit helps. If not then I’m sure gasoline and a match will.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I appreciate the feedback. A once is probably going to be the answer. I am just going to accept it ? I think part of the problem from everything I am reading maybe to cradle being a little too sloppy. I am hoping the cradle lockout kit helps. If not then I’m sure gasoline and a match will.

LOL, I guess you could say I beat you to the gasoline and match.

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I keep looking at your sexy ride with those 555R2’s, hoping mine will look just as good!

I hope so but I don’t think you will have to hope, it will look great. Wish we could of met up before I left Illinois.

I am actually in the mist of getting ready to sell my GT500. Hoping I have the wheels and tires sold this weekend. Taking a break from the car scene.

Reactions: Eagle and greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I hope so but I don’t think you will have to hope, it will look great. Wish we could of met up before I left Illinois.

I am actually in the mist of getting ready to sell my GT500. Hoping I have the wheels and tires sold this weekend. Taking a break from the car scene.

Damn man, the car should go quick.

Hopefully we cross paths somehow in the future!

Reactions: Tight Lines

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Wheels got the tires on them, just need to pick them up. Looks fucking SICK!

B1B5EDD6-A4D1-4C56-A006-8DDB41E3EBC9.jpeg

Also found a great deal on a new driveshaft from CCI!

85933FA1-3486-485D-98AE-7E77733BEFDB.jpeg

76A9AA06-2851-4ED0-9E8A-D8BB48CEA395.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
1.4 gonna take some practice and probably some drag springs/shocks. This ain't no I have a hairy, gaping vagina automatic car. Jim shifts this thing like the burly, balls so huge they ride shotgun, manly man he is!
And I must've missed it. Weren't you going with the ET Street R's for the 18" setup?

In all honesty I have no goals in terms of 60' times, all I know is I want traction to be much better. Should have a much better shot at getting out of the hole with the suspension components and wheel/tire combo. With better traction I need the DS at a minimum, but I probably won't be leaving the hole at 4K otherwise I might need new half shafts too :LOL: The reason for not going with ET Streets was mainly to avoid deal with flat spotting. I haven't ordered another set of rear wheels for the car yet and not sure when that will happen, the car will sit on the tires for extended periods of time.

Thread Info