Drag to reposition cover

The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Man, this guy really hurt your feelings! haha

Anyways, can you please discuss proper clocking of an aftermarket DS?

Its literally been discussed 1000s of times people install them wrong and they vibrate so they need to rotate the shaft and reinstall.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score

Heres another. Want me to flood this thread with 1000s of people discussing this?

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I had the DSS on my Hellcat and never had an issue. I think Hellpig had a vibration issue with his

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score

Its literally been discussed 1000s of times people install them wrong and they vibrate so they need to rotate the shaft and reinstall.

Heres another. Want me to flood this thread with 1000s of people discussing this?
What I'm getting at, is there is no rhyme or reason on install and clocking a new driveshaft. VERY FEW people have reduced vibration by clocking a driveshaft. A properly balanced DS should be able to be installed in any position and have zero vibration or very little. Your blanket statement of "if they are not clocked right yes they vibrate" is very misleading and mostly incorrect.

Both the threads you posted have zero claims that clocking a driveshaft is a must. Like I said, its been tried and very few have had improvements. For those that have had improvements, it means that they have an out of balance driveshaft and more importantly, something out of balance in their drivetrain that the out of balance driveshaft has counteracted with.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
What I'm getting at, is there is no rhyme or reason on install and clocking a new driveshaft. VERY FEW people have reduced vibration by clocking a driveshaft. A properly balanced DS should be able to be installed in any position and have zero vibration or very little. Your blanket statement of "if they are not clocked right yes they vibrate" is very misleading and mostly incorrect.

Both the threads you posted have zero claims that clocking a driveshaft is a must. Like I said, its been tried and very few have had improvements. For those that have had improvements, it means that they have an out of balance driveshaft and more importantly, something out of balance in their drivetrain that the out of balance driveshaft has counteracted with.
Whatever makes you sleep at night Im posting issues others have gone through.

HellPIG

Reaction score
My one piece Livernois unit with ujoints did very well for 12,000 miles. I took it off because it started getting a rumble strip type vibration under load on the highway. They couldn’t find anything wrong with it, so rebalanced and sent back. I put a DSS on with double CV joints. It was doing ok, but I get a lot of NVH out of it now from 40-60. Probably putting the first one back on. DSS has upgraded once again since I got their most recent new one.

I would give CCI or WILES a try greasy if you do a shaft. Those are the top 2 out there in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom