🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Going to attempt to pass emissions today. Look at this fucking clown show that I need to do to get the system monitors ready ?

I would just normally go through the exemption process but when I changed insurance policies I didn’t do a limited use policy on the Hellcat because it was more expensive. Plus who knows what the EPA is going to do here in the near future.

View attachment 127112
Fairly common list for most cars, minus the ethanol fuel stuff.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Going to attempt to pass emissions today. Look at this fucking clown show that I need to do to get the system monitors ready ?

I would just normally go through the exemption process but when I changed insurance policies I didn’t do a limited use policy on the Hellcat because it was more expensive. Plus who knows what the EPA is going to do here in the near future.

View attachment 127112
Looks like one of Sleepy Joe's instruction cards :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Is it? Had no clue, thought it was just these cars!
Sadly, yes. Here's one of them for a BMW:

Begin by: (Make sure you have between 1/4 and 3/4 fuel in the gas tank. The EVAP test will not run while your BMW has a full tank of gas or the gas tank is near empty. Ensure there are no pending or active trouble codes and that the check engine light is not on. Start the drive cycle from a cold start; preferably on a cold morning.

A. Start engine and idle for approximately 2 minutes and 10 seconds. This tests the Secondary Air Injection, O2 Heater, EVAP/Purge No Flow, and Misfire systems. If your BMW achieves closed loop, the fuel trim will also be tested as well.

B. Begin driving. Accelerate to 55 MPH and maintain steady speed for 3 minutes and 15 seconds. During this drive segment the ECU is checking closed-loop operation and oxygen sensor response time.

C Release the accelerator pedal and coast down to 20 MPH without shifting or touching the brake or clutch (if equipped). Continue to STEP D once your vehicle speed reaches 20 MPH.

D. Accelerate to 40-60 MPH and maintain steady speed for 15 minutes. The catalyst monitor is being run now.

E. Decelerate to a complete stop and idle while the transmission is in PARK or neutral for 5 minutes. The ECU is testing the system for EVAP leaks.

F. End of Drive Cycle

If readiness status of all monitors do not switch to “ready,” ensure preconditions are met, and complete a new drive cycle after the engine has cooled overnight.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Also got this in the mail yesterday which I thought was interesting. Government crackdown on Stellantis for the Hellcat?!?!
No way I’m sending in the car for obvious reasons, plus they’ll have the car for 1-3 weeks?!?!?

01FB99EA-6A92-446C-B959-40161650EA2F.jpeg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Also got this in the mail yesterday which I thought was interesting. Government crackdown on Stellantis for the Hellcat?!?!
No way I’m sending in the car for obvious reasons, plus they’ll have the car for 1-3 weeks?!?!?

View attachment 127114
Roll up your sleeves and hand over your keys

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

View attachment 127112
Is this some sort of cheat code, or just because your ecu was flashed recently?

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I ran out of room, I forgot to add do 15 minutes of light cardio and then 1 set for 200 of one-arm pushups…..never going to pass. I can do the push-ups, the 15 minutes of cardio is going to kill me.
Don't forget to stick a broom up your ass and sweep their floors while you're doing everything else.
Juggling Apples GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

• Haha
Reactions: Blownbyyou

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Is it? Had no clue, thought it was just these cars!
Some cars need two drive cycles to complete the readiness of all the monitors. So if they don't show ready after the first one, do it again.

Also, that letter is interesting. I wonder if it will go beyond that. Something like if the car isn't tested, the EPA notifies Illinois and will not allow you to get an updated license plate sticker. EPA being a real cunt lately.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Some cars need two drive cycles to complete the readiness of all the monitors. So if they don't show ready after the first one, do it again.

Also, that letter is interesting. I wonder if it will go beyond that. Something like if the car isn't tested, the EPA notifies Illinois and will not allow you to get an updated license plate sticker. EPA being a real cunt lately.
My coworker got that letter with his Audi RS5, he threw it away and never had an issue renewing after that.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power

View attachment 127114
That's the way this country is rolling under the current a$$clowns in office. You would have to be a complete idiot to participate in that letting them have your car for all that time plus you have to drive it to them in Columbus Indiana which is what 250 miles away..F'them.

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
That's the way this country is rolling under the current a$$clowns in office. You would have to be a complete idiot to participate in that letting them have your car for all that time plus you have to drive it to them in Columbus Indiana which is what 250 miles away..F'them.
But you get a check for $500 Jeff!!!!! ?

Thread Info