The Rebuild

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Ok all I need your help. Since I picked up my car from ZZP, it has been burning oil. Every 200 miles I'm down about 2 dots on the dip stick. They said they need to car to fix it. That involves another 3.5 hour drive there a d same back not counting on how long to fix it. They said they think the valve seals lifted. I do t know what this means but they will not reimburse me if I have someone else fix. Is this something non major that I could bring to a local shop? The fact that I have to bring it back to ZZP in truly frustrating. I compression tested the motor and all were the same range. 150-155.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I have never heard of the valve seals lifting, so if that's the case, that sucks man. If the compression is that close the bottom end is fine, so it's gotta be the heads. Can you visually see oil burning? Does it smell like oil is burning? Also, if you let it idle for 3-4min and give it a quick rev, if it puffs a bunch of smoke that kinda seals the deal on your seals not sealing their deal.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
They probably used an already factory built l26, I doubt they did a full rebuild, they don't have the machine shop for that. If there's constant blue smoke at idle that *could* be bad rings, but it's probably the valve seals. IDK how they could dyno tune a car clearly burning that much oil even after the car was warm and run (that burns off the shit they say was burning off) and give it to the customer. That's some messed up shit man. I would 100% take the time to bring it back to them and make them fix the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info