Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
This is the hose I have.

UBERFLEX™ Kink Resistant Pressure Washer Hose 1/4" x 50' 3,100 PSI with (2) 22MM https://a.co/d/9opbcvi

Leagues above the one that came with my dewalt. Might take it out again and try using it. It worked for a bit on Monday, then would be running but not build pressure then build pressure again. Who knows.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
You guys are spending just as much on a hose as the power washer cost.
Seriously, I have no doubt that these hoses are probably superior, but I looked and some of them were over $120, the whole pressure washer WITH the hose was only $99 LOL. But again for what I use it I shouldn't need all that, I just want a longer hose (that's what she said). Different strokes for different folks I guess

Reactions: dpwalsh14

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I just looked on Amazon, the uberflex hose and the flexzilla for 50ft = $55

If this fits yours needs and budget, then buy it.

The Beast The Beast

A $100 PW will crap out but the hose and all the quick disconnects can be transferred to the new machine. A quality hose will not only last longer but the user experience will be better.

I bought the $100 hose now so that when I buy a $1k pressure washer the hose is already in hand and ready to connect.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Quick disconnects are where it is at!

I bought my Flexilla pressure washer hose years ago now. It works fine. I don't see any issues with it. Seems better quality than the hose that came with the Ryobi. Plus it's more useful than the short hose that came with the Ryobi. The garden hose is super lite compared to other hoses. Plus has nice aluminum, hex-head connectors. So I can get the quick disconnects on tight with a wrench. No leaks. Maybe there are better stuff on the market now. But I wouldn't call them junk.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I need to pick up one of those flexzilla hoses. I’ve got 5 of their garden hoses, extension cords and air hoses. I’ll drink any kool aid they sell. Love their products.

I rarely use my big dick “DeWalt” (Honda motor and cat pump FTW) pressure washer because it’s such a pain to drag out.

Slightly enticed for a wall mount one I can hard pipe a water supply and power.

Reactions: sktchy

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I use my power washer too damn much too have a shitty hose that pisses me off.
Also, I have converted my garden hoses, both pressure washers, both pressure washer handles to quick connects.
Man does it make shit soooo much easier, not sure why I have not done it sooner.

I was buying quick disconnects as I was buying the hoses and other crap along with the quick disconnects for the pressure washer. I even bought extra male ends so as I get sprinklers and other shit those are also pop on and pop off.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I was buying quick disconnects as I was buying the hoses and other crap along with the quick disconnects for the pressure washer. I even bought extra male ends so as I get sprinklers and other shit those are also pop on and pop off.
Yup, I got extra for our regular hose sprayer attachment. Everything is quick connect lol. I even have extra males and females in my garage just in case

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yup, I got extra for our regular hose sprayer attachment. Everything is quick connect lol. I even have extra males and females in my garage just in case
Same. I should have specified that part too. Lol. Wife looks at me funny putting quick disconnects on stupid kid sprinklers. I’m not messing up my tape job on the female side just to spray some water from this dollar spot piece of shit. ?? It gets a quick disconnect and when it breaks, I’ll take it off and put it back in the garage to wait for the next one.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
What kind/brand of quick disconnects do you guys use/suggest? I know there are a million different ones just looking for experiences or if it matters.

My buddy told me a brand that he swears by, but I just got the shiz from Home Depot, and with some plumbing tape applied then the ends put on, no issues.

Now I want to get a new hose for the back yard. I got one of those nice thick rubber hoses and the box feeder for it, and its cumbersome, gets kinked constantly, and just overall pisses me off when I have to use it. Meanwhile I have a 50 foot expandable flex hoses for the front and its light, amazing, and holds pressure just fine but just not long enough and I need to find something to store it in up front so it doesnt look ratty. Might get a longer version and just use the big rubber one for when I use the pump to empty the pool or anything else of that nature.

Reactions: JFish75

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Quick change high flow high capacity assault couplers. Illegal in 7 states.

20230602_171652.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Thread Info