The Pressure Washer And Pressure Washer Accessory Thread

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
are they back in stock yet

i want to buy one and just leave it plugged in/plumbed in in my garage and have a 50' business end hose on it to yank out for whatever i need to do

powerwasher is even more true in the sense of "when you have a hammer in your hand, everything is a nail"... well fuck, when you have a powerwasher wand in your hand, everything is dirty AND NEEDS FUCKING CLEANING

ill start on some winter tires/wheels and 2 and a half hours later be doing parts of my fence.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
are they back in stock yet

i want to buy one and just leave it plugged in/plumbed in in my garage and have a 50' business end hose on it to yank out for whatever i need to do

powerwasher is even more true in the sense of "when you have a hammer in your hand, everything is a nail"... well fuck, when you have a powerwasher wand in your hand, everything is dirty AND NEEDS FUCKING CLEANING

ill start on some winter tires/wheels and 2 and a half hours later be doing parts of my fence.
They were as of Sunday

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Got my shorty gun and extra nozzles today

The high pressure hose seemed to connect to it and its a realllly snug fit, so hopefully all will be well. Everything is set for the best car wash of my life this weekend. And god my car needs it.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna see how it does w/ the supplied hose first, and then decide if I want a longer one

(thats what she said?)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's worth having a spare pressure hose, too. Good if you have a longer distance to cover and essential because your hose will break at the worst possible time. I used to keep several spare hoses in my trucks for just these reasons.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's a better gun than most inexpensive pressure washers include. There's a bearing/seal kit inside that wears out eventually which can be replaced or just replace the gun. I kept spare guns in my trucks, too. Downtime was the enemy.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lets just see how reliable this stuff is first before I go buying duplicates of every part. If something breaks, I still have my $5 hose and regular foam gun. I aint washin 30 cars per weekend here

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Make that 800 cars per weekend. I did that when the new Novas came out. What a joke those turned out to be (but they looked good after my guys finished).

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Mine gets its trial run today. Gotta wait until the sun starts to drop behind the house later tho.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a leaf blower from discount tools direct that had an unaccounted for screw floating around inside the turbine thing, but otherwise it’s been solid :rofl:

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ll probably use it tomorrow and make Gavin cry a little. Just going to leaf blow my Buick off then “gently” hose it off with this thing :rofl:

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a short gun and 25' Flexzilla hose. They dropped the box at my neighbors house, sent a picture as delivered. I said I never got it, neighbor dropped it off at my house. Now I am selling the other Flexzilla and short gun to Mook Mook. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a short gun and 25' Flexzilla hose. They dropped the box at my neighbors house, sent a picture as delivered. I said I never got it, neighbor dropped it off at my house. Now I am selling the other Flexzilla and short gun to Mook Mook. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Wow.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Today was the day.

Here's what I was starting with. Yeah its disgusting.

Started w/ tires of course. I freaking love the adams foam sprayer I got. Unfortunately, even with the pressure washer, they still need agitation to get all the caked on bmw brake dust off these bitches

IM READY.

And the money shot. :love: The foam was thicker when it went on, but was running off fairly quickly. I did swap in a 1.1 orifice in this cannon

I still need to mess w/ the foam cannon to get it dialed in right. First time using one. But I was very pleased with how it performed. My neighbor came out of his house w/ his little daughter (probably 5 or so) and was like "look! hes painting his car white!" :LOL:

For my overall experience with everything, I am very happy. I waited way too long to step up to this. The pressure washer performed great, no leaks, nothing to indicate it wasn't factory fresh and performing as it should. I also thought it was extremely quiet. I could barely hear it over the sound of the water spraying out onto my car. I also had no issues using the short gun for the whole process and am very happy I got one. I used the DanJoy DanJoy approach and used the 25 degree nozzle on the tires, and 40 degree nozzle to rinse the car. I think that did a good job. I am probably going to take Flyn Flyn 's advice and pick up some quick disconnects to make set up/take down a little smoother. But overall the whole process wasn't that much more involved and was very easy. The supplied hose worked great and I could get around the whole car w/ the pressure sitting in one spot. It was a LITTLE tight getting around the rear, but not an inconvenience. Will be interesting to see how it goes w/ my GTO as that car is a little longer than the BMW. I did have to be mindful of the hose, as all my moving around tended to produce kinks at times, but thats probably more user error.

Other impressions, I was quite surprised/impressed with how much less water it actually uses for the whole process compared to my normal wash w/ the garden hose. Usually after Im done w/ all my rinsing w/ the garden hose, I've got water flowing down my street, and it makes it down to a storm "gutter" in the street that channels the water across the street into a drain. I always felt so bad when I'd see a clean car drive past me, because they have to drive over that and get water splashed on their cars 🥺 But w/ this pressure washer, when I was done w/ everything, The water was barely past my next door neighbors house. Amazing.

I don't know what else to say right now. The $63.19 Ryobi pressure washer is the real deal and it will make your dreams come true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom