Amazon The Peripheral

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So she kills herself in the current timeline, but still has her peripheral....and is somehow finding a stub in another timeline?
The other timeline is a stub. So basically she created a stub at that cemetary-like place which branched off her reality at that moment. So there were two flynne's fighting the same battle, same friends, same family, same reality. Then she killed the original flynne, but it doesn't matter because her entire reality now exists elsewhere

And the RI doesn't know where the other stub is so they can't find her to kill her

At least that's how I understood it

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
The other timeline is a stub. So basically she created a stub at that cemetary-like place which branched off her reality at that moment. So there were two flynne's fighting the same battle, same friends, same family, same reality. Then she killed the original flynne, but it doesn't matter because her entire reality now exists elsewhere

And the RI doesn't know where the other stub is so they can't find her to kill her

This ^^^

also spoilers for anyone who hasnt finished the season yet :LOL:

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

So, Connor kills her in the current timeline, but he will also be reappearing in the new timeline? Ahhhh, I think I got it now. So since Flynne killed herself there, there's no need for anything else to change in that timeline, so now her, her family, friends, etc. are all in some unknown year and the RI is blind to it.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So, Connor kills her in the current timeline, but he will also be reappearing in the new timeline? Ahhhh, I think I got it now. So since Flynne killed herself there, there's not need for anything else to change in that timeline, so now her, her family, friends, etc. are all in some unknown year and the RI is blind to it.
They're all in the new timeline, she essentially hit ctrl+c to her entire reality in creating the stub. All the people, their experiences, etc just get copied over.

There are now two realities that want to fight the RI, one of which was about to be destroyed by them in order to kill flynne. With her being dead in that reality, it likely won't be destroyed (no need to anymore), but there's an identical reality out there that she can still attack the RI from.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They're all in the new timeline, she essentially hit ctrl+c to her entire reality in creating the stub. All the people, their experiences, etc just get copied over.

There are now two realities that want to fight the RI, one of which was about to be destroyed by them in order to kill flynne. With her being dead in that reality, it likely won't be destroyed (no need to anymore), but there's an identical reality out there that she can still attack the RI from.
That can be interesting. So when she breaks the news of what she actually did, does this mean that everyone, besides her, could potentially control TWO peripherals at the same time?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The only thing I don't get is how there can be two stubs, each with a burton and connor, presumably all 4 of whom can get in to their peripherals (which only exist in one reality)? 4 burtons/connors...2 peripherals?

Idk, maybe I missed something or maybe they'll clear it up next season, since you know there has to be a s2

Excited to wait a year and a half for 6 hours of TV. smh

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
The only thing I don't get is how there can be two stubs, each with a burton and connor, presumably all 4 of whom can get in to their peripherals (which only exist in one reality)? 4 burtons/connors...2 peripherals?

Idk, maybe I missed something or maybe they'll clear it up next season, since you know there has to be a s2

Excited to wait a year and a half for 6 hours of TV. smh
That's the part I'm not grasping, but maybe they can make additional peripherals and then two timeline Connor, two timeline Burton are controlling two peripherals at the same moment in time in the future. Strange, but intrigued.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
we'll all be like

jonah-hill-fuck-me.gif

• Haha

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
That's the part I'm not grasping, but maybe they can make additional peripherals and then two timeline Connor, two timeline Burton are controlling two peripherals at the same moment in time in the future. Strange, but intrigued.
That'd be pretty trippy but would also add a whole "i miss my sister and hate my friend for killing her" dynamic once OG burton finds out, which he certainly would if he saw them both in the peripheral. Seems the simplest way would just be to cut off access to the peripheral from the original flynne stub, which also means that amazon wouldn't have to spend big bucks filming a bunch of scenes with two sets of doubles (which can't be easy to do, especially fight scenes)

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I

That'd be pretty trippy but would also add a whole "i miss my sister and hate my friend for killing her" dynamic once OG burton finds out, which he certainly would if he saw them both in the peripheral. Seems the simplest way would just be to cut off access to the peripheral from the original flynne stub, which also means that amazon wouldn't have to spend big bucks filming a bunch of scenes with two sets of doubles (which can't be easy to do, especially fight scenes)
psh GIF

Let me introduce you to.....

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info