HULU The Orville

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I did not see any part of this episode coming, especially.................

It pleases me greatly how easily this show can blend star trek and star wars and show what a beautiful union they can make.

Other thoughts

Bortus trying (and failing) to crack the nuts at the beginning, and then Talla giving him a "hand" ?

Kelly kickin some ass!!!! She pulls it off nicely

Burke............ That just came outta nowhere. This show aint fuckin around anymore. WRECKED I AM.

And yes, the score was even more fantastic this week. I kept turning the volume up

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I think at one point in the final minutes of the finale I had to lower it, it was at like -3db lol.

And considering its a 7.1 system that puts out about 130w/ch its LOUD lol.

I honestly thought the episode would center much more strongly on the debate about actually using the weapon. I was wrong there again. They moved fast on actually using it offensivly, mirroring the use of atomic bombs during WW2.

Lets start with the theft of the weapon, I did not expect it to be a Admiral Perry and a rouge faction. I thought for sure it was Kaylon infiltrators somehow using holographic tech, or even more scary aka Life Model Decoys. Then when the behavior was too emotional, I switched tracks thinking it was the Krill, thinking back to Telaya's comment about tactics. I was wrong on both accounts.

I was really really hoping that Kaylon Prime would some how come back and drag Charlie out of there. Or for some other thing to happen to get her out of there.

Also, its been obvious at every corner that Telaya cares about her daughter very much, but I really wonder what the tipping point would be, would Teleya be willing to sacrifice her daughter if the win was big enough.

Sadly, with only one episode left, so much of this will be left untold. And while I think the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive because this has been the best season yet, I am wondering if they'll do a season 4. I'm sad Charlie won't be there, as well as Norm McDonald. :(

Praying for a season 4 renewal.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I think at one point in the final minutes of the finale I had to lower it, it was at like -3db lol.

And considering its a 7.1 system that puts out about 130w/ch its LOUD lol.

I honestly thought the episode would center much more strongly on the debate about actually using the weapon. I was wrong there again. They moved fast on actually using it offensivly, mirroring the use of atomic bombs during WW2.

Lets start with the theft of the weapon, I did not expect it to be a Admiral Perry and a rouge faction. I thought for sure it was Kaylon infiltrators somehow using holographic tech, or even more scary aka Life Model Decoys. Then when the behavior was too emotional, I switched tracks thinking it was the Krill, thinking back to Telaya's comment about tactics. I was wrong on both accounts.

I was really really hoping that Kaylon Prime would some how come back and drag Charlie out of there. Or for some other thing to happen to get her out of there.

Also, its been obvious at every corner that Telaya cares about her daughter very much, but I really wonder what the tipping point would be, would Teleya be willing to sacrifice her daughter if the win was big enough.

Sadly, with only one episode left, so much of this will be left untold. And while I think the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive because this has been the best season yet, I am wondering if they'll do a season 4. I'm sad Charlie won't be there, as well as Norm McDonald. :(

Praying for a season 4 renewal.

I was right there with you on most of those. I too got the strong WWII vibes, and Kaylons using that holographic morphing was my FIRST thought as soon as the scene started. And yah, I was hoping someone or something would swoop in and get Charlie out of there.....that was just a square kick in the nuts.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, non-spoilery thoughts.

If this is the very last episode of the series, its been amazing run, and they have tied up just about every plot line they started this season in a satisfying way. Its been more episodic, but they have carried certain themes/stories through so that they pay off at the end.

But PLEASE renew the Orville. I hate social media, but hell #Renewtheorville

Amazing story telling that deserves to continue.

When the episode opens, They started so many things that I didn't think the episode could contain them all.

Bortis & Klyden, ahh, Moclan culture, that's about all I have to say about that. Though, I feel bad for Topa's actress. She had to get all made up to be Topa, but then didn't have a single line. A small blurb here with her, Tye, and Marcus would have been appropriate as they are the closest thing to Age mates that the normal Orville cast has. There are other kids on the ship as shown in previous episodes, but never regularly.

There are I would say 2 main plot lines this episode.

Clare & Isaac, and then Kelly and Lysella.

For Clair & Isaac its the conclusion to a multi-episode, multi-season story line with a happy ending. Isaac's misunderstanding of social queues is hilarious. And That bachrolette party had me rolling, busted out laughing when the tassels came out. When Isaac contacted Kaylon Prime to invite the ENTIRE population I also laughed damned hard. Bortis for one did not really have any good humor lines. But that's inline with his character, his humor has always been in cultural mis-understandings, or his dead-pan delivery of news.

For Kelly & Lysella, it was great to see her on screen again, I loved the episode Majority Rule. A good satire of modern social platforms gone out of control. When I heard they were heading back to Sargus 4 and mentioned the research team, I was hoping we'd see her again. I also though the episode would center more on Sargus 4, but instead it was very much focused on Clair & Isaac, but Lysella's own Survivors Guilt. If there is a Season 4, I wonder if she'll stay on the Orville and be a regular, or if she'll leave the Orville and occasionally pop-up.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I dont like that this episode was titled "Future Unknown"

THERE MUST BE A SEASON 4.

Great episode overall, and great ending to a great season.

Random spoiler thoughts to follow:

The slow clap :LOL: :LOL:

Just Bortus in general this episode. :LOL: I really do think he's my favorite character. I am also now going to completely rip into everyone, and then say ALL KIDDING ASIDE! and then say something semi nice.

Isaac walking into Kellys office and just flat out "I want to get intimate with you" , and her response of ".......fine and how are you?" :ROFLMAO:

That bachelorette party........ The images I was seeing, I didn't know if I was too high, or not high enough..... Id say this was the first visualization of a robot with tassels I've seen, but I'm pretty sure Futurama already did it

ALARA!!! :love:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Watched both Ep3 Mortality Paradox and Ep4 Gently Falling Rain.

Mortality Paradox is probably the only forgettable episode this season. It basically adds nothing in terms of character development.

Gently Falling Rain however, is pure quality.

Please be a season 4. Need it so bad.

Thread Info