HULU The Orville

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I thought the writers did a bad job with this episode.

Look at the end resuts (spoilers)

Kelly and Bortus kill a BUNCH of aliens. Even if the new star appears, didn't they just kill a bunch of people? Seems that might be a crime on a planet where they lock up people based on a zodiac sign because they MIGHT commit violence. Isn't the actual crime worse?

Everyone on the Orville thinks it's a great idea to put up fake news and mess with the beliefs of an entire planet to get their people back and change the alien society. What happens if, when the planet finds out the truth, they have a major civil war that kills millions? First Directive and all that. (I know that's StarTrek but...)

It's left wing crapoganda saying the ends justify the means. Who makes the choice? A Captain and First Officer? Interfering in a planet's culture and beliefs? That's a hell of a lot worse than sending Isaac in with a shuttle and grabbing them.

I can see Mercer's report: Well, we didn't send in one guy to steal them back but we did disrupt an entire planetary belief system because we felt it was wrong. So, we're good, right?

Disappointing.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
For a complete 180, the 2-7, Deflectors episode is great. Combo of culture clash, tech, emotions. They take one of society's social ills and flip it on its head. Reminded me of Star Trek TOS.

Listen to the flower's voice and you will hear another big guest star on the show which seems to be racking up the guest appearances by big name celebrities.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
WTF is going on here. Oh yeah, Disney bought Fox.

Rotten Tomatoes has 100% for Season 2 compared to 31% from Season 1.

Personally, I think S1 so far has been better overall than Season 2. But S2 has some of my favorite episodes.. Identity P1 was a surprise, did not expect them to turn that direction.

can't wait for part 2.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/orville/s02

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Last weeks episode was damned good. I think this is the most Star Trek alumni that have ever appeared on one episode.

Commander Riker directed it. Councilor Troi taught some children. Tony Todd put on some make-up to become a Moclan instead of a Klingon. Also Ruafo from Star Trek: Insurrection makes an appearance.

The episode had some faults, but its one of the stronger ones. Loved it all around though. The whole Moclan culture will make for some great episodes. Every single one focusing on them has been great.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The only thing I have to say recently is damn Fox for not releasing any of their shows on Bluray.

I'd have owned S1 of Orville as soon as it was released, but they decided to only offer it on DVD. Streaming doesn't offer anywhere near the quality that BluRay can. And some people like me just want to actually own a physical copy of the disc.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I totally did not catch Bruce Willis' voice. He was the flower.

DzkQbkEWkAAp3wZ.jpg

I was clearly not paying attention, cause now that I watch the clip, no way I should have missed his voice.

https://youtu.be/C5wc75D6Kaw

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info