HULU The Orville

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I think the parts where they are showing the "First Contact" scenes are from what would have been the 13th and final episode of the 1st season.

That and I think from what I read Alara (Halston Sage) is leaving the show. Rumors of it anyways.

And fuck, Bortis is still awesome. I love the Deadpan delivery. His line about the Birthday party is awesome.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Sunday!

The Orville is part of a Hollywood experiment that lengthens the show by 6-7 minutes to give it a better ratio of commercials/show (they have reached the point where viewers are declining because of too many commercials).

I don't know how this will work with them finishing after the hour?

50 minute episodes? More content?

I'm down with that.

TV Shows were originally about 55 minutes, but through additional advertising the program length eventually shrunk to the current 42-43 minutes.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The first episode seems to hopefully be a bunch of setup for this season. I hope they can make use of the extra 6 minutes of footage now allowed by the near 50 minute runtime.

Also, I expected way more family guy humor with the subject of the first episode. But they barely took the bait. I hope this is a sign that they are letting go of the toilet humor from family guy. For the most part the family guy jokes tended to clash with the other episodes.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Also with this episode. I'm a bit surprised that Mercer would back off after having two Officers taken hostage.

Picard would have had a military response on the table as a Plan B if negotiations failed. Mercer's character has always struck me as more Kirk than Picard.

I look Forward to More Teleya from last weeks Krill episode.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info