HULU The Orville

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
4 was good, too. Interesting story for this episode.

The Orville needs to decide if it's a stupid comedy or a smarter adventure comedy (like Galaxy Quest). Some of the scenes/lines inserted for humor fall flat.

A man being torn apart by a mob, a female crew member being shot and another female crew member being tied and beaten take the show to a darker area than a dumb comedy would reach. The comments by the tied crew member when asked "Where are your friends?" were good comedy. I laughed.

I could tell you who the crew members are but that would be too much of a spoiler.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The show continues its decent/simple and humorous plots in the latest episode. It adds enough drama that I'm happy with it. It's not too stupid. Won't win Emmys but it's entertaining.

Ed is forced to choose between killing a Krill crew or following his orders and letting them kill 100,000 farmers. Problem is there are Krill kids on the Krill ship.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, I was reminded of the original Star Trek when I watched the episode. That show took social issues of the day and adapted them to space. This week's Orville episode did the same.

Trials on a planet are decided by popular vote. 10,000,000 down votes and you get "corrected". Absolute Democracy and what it could bring. Really cool.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The more episodes that go on, the better Orville gets. EP7 was on point. Nailed the idea of voting completely. Both the good and bad of it.

Orville at this point has more good episodes than bad episodes, and I really hope it gets a second season so they can cut the shoe-horned humor out.

Its a complete spiritual successor to TOS and TNG episodes.

And much like EP7, ST: Discovery will always outshine it because its got Trek in the name, however Orville is definitely the more "trek" show.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Enjoyed tonights episode a lot. For anyone wondering what this show would be like without the seth macfarlane "humor" this is the episode to watch. There were a couple seth moments, but since the episode was largely devoid of them, they were kinda funny :rofl:

and thats not to say this episode didnt have humor. But it was a lot more natural.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Of course Rob Lowe was the blue guy :rofl: never picked up on that from the first episode. This episode was definitely more humor than plot or story. The friggin alien always in the elevator :rofl: I do also have to commend this show on continually coming up with different species of aliens that dont look like anything thats ever been seen before.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Another kind of a different episode tonight. But god. Bortus this episode. His line delivery. :rofl:

His delivery was on point. I love the dead pan.

Bortis: There is an alligator in the cargo bay. I successfully crushed it with a chair.

Mercer: Where did it come from?

Bortis: I do not know. Regardless, it is crushed.

Thread Info